Chapter 1

The Higurashi shrine was one of Lyra's most favourite places to visit. The history behind it was always so fascinating to her and no matter what the season was, the scenery was breathtaking. Not to mention the people who lived in the house there. Kagome and Sota are Lyra's cousins. Their mother and Lyra's father are siblings so they would visit the shrine often, even more so after Kagome's father passed away. She loved listening to Grandpa's stories and thought he was so full of wisdom. If she didn't know his real age, she would have thought he was 200 years old. He was pretty cool though.

Although Lyra was 20 and Kagome only 15, they were really close. They grew up to be more like best friends though Kagome would often look up to Lyra as an older sister. Lyra was a few inches taller than Kagome and they shared the same black hair, the only difference being that Lyra's hair was parted to the side and it was more wavy. Her eyes stood out the most, the bright blue colour contrasting against her dark hair. She was a bit more filled out as well, but was still modest in size with a smaller waist giving her an hourglass figure.

 She was a bit more filled out as well, but was still modest in size with a smaller waist giving her an hourglass figure

For the past 4 months, Lyra hadn't been able to visit due to the demand at work. She worked in a high end jewellery store and wasn't able to take any time off. She somehow managed to take off a Friday and Monday so she had a long weekend, just enough time for a surprise visit.

Lyra's father, Renji, had agreed to let her go on her own for the first time. Even though she was 20 and could drive, it was quite a long distance to travel. But luckily, Renji didn't give the secret away when he spoke to his sister on the phone. Lyra packed up and headed out after bidding her father farewell.

5 hours later, she parked on a quiet street not far from the house. Kagome should be home from school. She left her bags in the boot since she wouldn't be able to carry them up the secret path along the back of the house that she and Kagome discovered a few years ago. If she was going to surprise them, she was going to do it properly. The hill was quite steep and Lyra was thankful she decided to wear flats and skinny jeans rather than a dress. Once she reached the top, she pulled a few leaves off her fitted T-shirt and snuck to the back entrance of the house. She could hear her aunt calling Kagome and Sota to eat but Kagome was saying that she had to leave.

'Where is she going? She just got back from school.'

"Okay, Kagome. Be careful, okay?" Mama Higurashi said softly.
"And tell Inuyasha I said hi!" Sota yelled quickly after.

Lyra raised her brows. Kagome never told her she had a boyfriend. That's one thing she'll have to question later. Tiptoeing quietly, she went to the back door and opened it as slowly as possible. After taking her shoes off, she saw her aunt's back towards her in the kitchen. Standing up straight, she casually walked up behind her and grabbed her shoulders.

"Boo!"

Mama Higurashi yelped in surprise, almost dropping the ladle in her hand. Sota and Grandpa came running to see what was wrong only to witness Lyra laughing to herself.