Chapter 28

"Explain to me what happened," Sesshomaru demanded.

Jaken and Rin both spoke over each other telling him about what happened. They had actually seen Sesshomaru come and take Lyra away.

"That's impossible." He clenched his fist. He turned, trying to locate her scent. "That wasn't me. She's been taken."
"Oh no!" Rin gasped loudly.
"Then who was that imposter?" Jaken asked.
Sesshomaru growled. "Itachi."

***

Lyra groaned quietly from the dull pain in her head as she woke up from her sleep. Stirring slightly, she opened her eyes to see an unfamiliar setting. There was no sky or trees above her but instead there was a wooden ceiling. The floor was solid and cold and everything was quiet.

"You're awake."

Lyra jumped at the sudden voice in the room, causing her to sit up quickly and turn in the direction of it.

"Itachi?" she asked with confusion.

There was an indoor fire in the middle of the room and Itachi sat against the opposite side of it. He was leaning back against the wall with one knee raised, his arm resting on top of it. Lyra slowly stood up and rubbed her head as she looked around the empty room.

"What happened? Why am I here?" she asked, walking over to him. "I remember being with Sesshomaru and then everything went blank... I just... I can't remember..."

Itachi stood and looked down at her. The usual friendly smile he had was no longer there. Lyra tilted her head, her brows furrowing together.

"What's wrong?"
"Sesshomaru was never there, Lyra," he told her, his tone serious.
She smiled nervously. "What do you mean?"

Suddenly, his face began to change in front of her. Lyra's eyes widened as she witnessed his features, face and body begin morphing, right down to the clothes. It was horrifying, causing her to take a step back away from him. Within seconds, it was Sesshomaru standing in front of her. She gasped as she looked at him. Everything was perfectly him. Even down to the markings on his face and that golden glow in his eyes.

"It was me who took you last night," he told her, his voice even matching Sesshomaru's.

Lyra felt scared. Her heart pounded in fear as tears welled up in her eyes. She put her hand over her mouth, not believing what was actually happening. Sesshomaru- No. Itachi began walking towards her as she moved away from him. However, she didn't get far as her back hit the wall. He loomed over her, blocking her into the corner.

"S-stay away from me..!" she yelled.

He leaned down and brushed his lips across her cheeks, making her turn her face away in disgust. Grabbing her face, he forced her to look up into his eyes. Those eyes that were not Sesshomaru's despite it looking the same. She frowned angrily and lifted her hand to slap him but he easily stopped her. He squeezed her wrist causing her to wince from the pain as he lowered her hand down.

"Don't worry, beautiful," he smirked and it scared her because it was evil but it was still Sesshomaru's face. "You will fall for me." He morphed back to his own face, his eyes returning to hazel and his hair becoming purple again. "You will love me."
Tears fell from her eyes and down her cheeks. "Why are you doing this..?"
"That half demon summoned me to delay Sesshomaru from getting to him," he explained.
Her eyes widened slightly. "Naraku..."
Itachi scoffed. "In exchange for my services, he would give me shards of the shikon jewel." His expression softened to that friendly face Lyra was used to before he cupped her cheeks. "But I got something even more precious. I saw you and made the decision I wanted you whether Naraku prompted me or not." He peered into her eyes. "I will make you my wife."