Chapter 35

A few weeks had passed by since the whole fiasco with the woman who loved Sesshomaru. They were still unable to find Naraku, much to Sesshomaru's annoyance, and Lyra was unable to see him in her visions. Her pregnancy symptoms were getting stronger and smells were beginning to bother her more but she hadn't been able to throw up yet. The feeling of the sickness was bothering her though. She wished she could just be sick so she could get a bit of relief. It was worrying Sesshomaru because she wasn't eating as much as he would have liked. Her bump had already started to grow slightly, her stomach having become slightly raised. It wasn't a massive difference but both Sesshomaru and Lyra could tell. Luckily, Jaken and Rin were none the wiser. They had decided to give them the news later on.

Sesshomaru was sitting against a tree whilst Lyra slept in his lap. It was still early morning and the sun had only just begun to show above the horizon. Everything was peaceful. But not for long. Before Sesshomaru even knew what was happening, Lyra suddenly jumped out of his lap and ran off into the trees. He quickly got up and rushed after her.

He found her quickly and saw that she was down on her knees beside some bushes. Lyra began to retch as tears filled her eyes. Sesshomaru was at her side, kneeling down beside her, and his eyes widened as she began to throw up. He didn't know what to do and began to panic.

"Lyra! What's wrong?" He frowned deeply and crouched lower. "Are you dying?!"
She soon got a break from throwing up. "Does it look like I'm dying?! Just hold my hair back!" she yelled at him.

Sesshomaru did just that, gathering her hair and holding it as she threw up more. He was still panicking on the inside though and watched helplessly. Once she was done, she began panting and sat up on her knees. She wiped her mouth and sighed as she caught her breath. Sesshomaru watched her, his concern only growing as she leaned against him. Throwing up really took it out of her.

"Lyra..?"
"I'm fine," she spoke tiredly. "This is normal during pregnancies."

Sesshomaru was washed over with relief. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and moved her hair back from her face. Lyra was both physically exhausted and sleepy.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you," she said quietly.
"Do not apologise. I am unfamiliar with the process. I thought something was happening to you."
Lyra laughed and sat up to look at him. "It's called morning sickness. But I know some women get it throughout the day. I hope mine is only in the morning."
He gazed at her deeply before cupping her cheek. "You're suffering because of me."
She quickly shook her head and placed her hand over his. "No. It's all part of being a mother. In the end, we're rewarded after giving birth to a beautiful baby." She smiled. "It's a blessing."
He leaned forward and rested his forehead against hers, closing his eyes. "That makes you stronger than even me."
"Only sometimes," she smiled.

(*calls feudal era* Sorry, I'd like to change my order to infinity Sesshomarus.)

Sesshomaru helped her up so they could return to the campsite. The others were still sleeping so Sesshomaru got Lyra some food he had had prepared by the chef. She was particularly enjoying sweet foods so whenever they were close to running out, Sesshomaru would go and retrieve some more. He also had Kaede prepare more medicine for Lyra for an energy boost.

Lyra felt extremely lucky. Even in the middle of searching for the enemy, he was still selflessly looking after her as well. Now that she was beginning to physically throw up, she thought it would be better to return to the castle. She had mourned for her father and didn't mind being alone so much. It would be hard, but she would ultimately be fine. She hoped Sesshomaru would agree.

She just finished eating and took some of her medicine. Already, she was feeling a lot better. She sat in between his legs, facing him. She was used to him watching her eat.