Chapter 33

As per usual, Lyra couldn't remember when she had fallen asleep. All she could recall was being upset with Sesshomaru because of his teasing. Waking up, she began to stir. She could feel something warm but hard under her as she nuzzled her face into it. Then it suddenly moved and she felt an arm wrap around her but it was still so cosy.

Out of curiosity she peaked her eyes open to see Sesshomaru's bare chest in front of her. She turned her head to look up and noticed that she was laying on his cut off arm. But then she became surprised.

'Sesshomaru's sleeping?'

Now that she knew he was sleeping, she noticed the gentle rise and fall of his chest and his calm breathing. Since the day she met him, she had never seen him sleep. It was a rare sight. Plus he would always be gone before she woke up. She decided she was going to make the most of that precious moment.

With a smile, she closed her eyes again and snuggled into him. Her movement made him hold her closer around her shoulders as he tangled his legs with hers. He had only left his hakama pants on but the rest of him was bare. Not that Lyra minded at all. She didn't plan to sleep again. She wanted make the most of the opportunity.

'I guess even demons need sleep every now and then.'

She wondered what could have made him so tired. Perhaps it was the Band of Seven. There were so many questions to ask him later on. She shook those thoughts out of her mind. The last thing she wanted was to stress herself out. She had to enjoy the moment. She moved her arm to wrap it around his torso before placing a kiss on his chest.

His scent was helping to calm the feeling of the nausea so she planned to stay like that for as long as possible. She could feel his hair at her fingers and began to play with it subconsciously. Everything about that moment was simply perfect.

Quite some time went by and Sesshomaru was still fast asleep. His hold around her was still firm as she tried to scooch up to look at him properly. Somehow, she managed to do it without disturbing him. She leaned up on her elbow and looked down at his sleeping face. His arm stayed around her waist as she gently held his face, stroking her thumb over his cheek. He seemed so peaceful and so perfect. It made her wonder what their baby would be like. Would their child have his hair and her eyes? Or perhaps vice versa? Would they be stoic like their father or chatty like their mother? No matter what they were like, she knew they would be perfect just like him.

"I cannot sleep with you watching me."

Lyra gasped quietly as her eyes widened. Sesshomaru opened his eyes to look at her but she quickly ducked down and hid her face in the crook of his neck. He rubbed her back over her clothing and closed his eyes again as he turned onto his back.

"I'm sorry for waking you," she mumbled.
Her lips brushed against his skin, causing a shiver to run down his spine. "It's fine," he sighed as he ran his fingers through her hair.
"I've never seen you sleep before. It was an odd sight to see."
"It has been years since I last slept," he told her. "Holding you last night was comforting."
Lyra smiled softly. "I'm glad. Do you wish to get up?"
"What I wish for is to stay here with you for as long as I am able."
"I won't argue with that."

Sesshomaru stayed holding onto her, enjoying the fact he was with her again. The past few days had been a nuisance to him. He knew Lyra would want to know what had happened but for the time being, he didn't want to speak of it. And she knew that as well. They had to make the most of every moment they got hold of.

After a few minutes, Lyra began to place soft kisses against his neck and jaw. He had been doing so much for her and the least she could do was give him some extra special treatment. And Sesshomaru wasn't going to complain. It was exactly what he needed.