E- Emotion

When my alarm went off for the next day all I wanted to do is cry. I sigh and get out of bed. My shower was nice and had relaxed my muscles. My feet still were aching a little bit from last night so I skipped going for a run and yoga. I get out of the shower and dry off. I put my clothes on and look at the time. All I could do is groan in response.

Looking for a hair tie I came across my engagement ring that Mr. Maximum put on my finger last night. I hear a honk outside of my house so I rush into the living room and grab all of my work and shove it into my back pack. Then I remember my phone and finally make it out of the door. Relived that I was in the car I close my eyes.

"Good morning, hon," My mom says smiling warmly at me.

"Morning," I say back with a sleepy smile. Knowing it was a long ride to brunch I curl up in the backseat and fall asleep.

"Hey, baby. Wake up," my dad says shaking me awake. I sit up straight and run my fingers through my hair.

"Anything I should know about tonight?" I ask walking towards the front door of my grandmothers house.

"Dinner at the Maximums," my mom murmurs to me. I groan and think of all of the homework I had to grade. Definitely not enough time to grade them all, but I needed to.

We get inside and greet everyone already there. Marge, the Grangers, and the Wrights. The brunch was nice and the women had asked me a bunch of questions about the wedding while the men went outside talking business. The stress of the wedding really punched me in the face. And the fact that my grandmother and mother were acting just as curious and eager as the other two women; who were clueless. It only had worried me. I excused myself and went to work on grading. I had eight class periods to fill up and I did. Six of them were art based and the other two was freshman science.

Two art for beginners classes. Which tended to be freshmen.

Sculpture.

Advanced art. Mostly seniors.

Painting and Drawing.

And the other class I taught was art for special ed kids.

They all took a lot of work. After school I stay after and help many kids with art projects and science homework. Early in the mornings was spent in meetings and prepping for the day. Lunch was spent cleaning and prepping for the second half of the day if I didn't have a kid who needed help with their homework.  Half way through grading the essays I had fallen asleep.

"Quinn. Oh poor thing. Quinn wake up darling," Mrs. Granger says. I shoot up straight and look at my surroundings. I look at the papers in front of me and groan. I only had one class graded and done.

"We have to go, Quinn. We have dinner with the Maximums," my mom says looking at me worriedly. I stack my paperwork together and put it in my backpack. I say goodbye to everyone and leave with my parents. When we got in the car I pulled another stack out and started to grade.

"You don't have  a teacher aide?" My mom asks.

"No, I don't," I say with a sigh. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't always so busy all the time. We arrive and my parents get out of the car, but I was determined to finish the stack before I got out.

"Come on. Let's go," my dad says.

"I have to finish this stack," I say reading as fast as I could.

"You have a lot left to go. You can do it later," he says taking it from me and closing the folder I had them in. Trying not to be angry I get out and hold in my irritation. Dinner was fine and just like last night Carson barely said really anything to me. Neither did he show any emotion at all. We were told we have to move in together and his parents had already contacted my landlord to tell her that I was moving out by Thursday.

Now I needed to pack as well.

At least he's good looking. Right? Oh, who am I kidding? He's still a stranger.

I say goodbye to everyone and rush out to the car trying to get to my papers. Before my parents drop me off I finish another stack.

I get inside my house and get back to work. It was one in the morning when I had finally finished and put them in the grade book. So I go to bed and hope for a good nights sleep.

I cried on my way to work. Because I realized that a lot of projects were due today. My students were require to write essays longer than a page during every project explaining what their piece is about. It helps me gather insight and a lot of the time. Clarify.

During lunch I was cleaning a paint explosion when I get a text.

Carson: which school do you work at?

I reply to his text and then finish cleaning. After my day was done I head to Home Depot and buy boxes. My phone dings as I'm in check out. My mom had texted me.

Mom: dress shopping tomorrow right after you get off.

I reply and then buy the boxes. I get home grade more assignments and pack a couple of boxes filled with books. I go back to grading and enter them into the grade book. I see a few kids failing my class so I email them and alert the sports director those who played sports and were also failing. 

Finally I go for a run before it gets dark and then when I get back I do some yoga. After fiddling around in the kitchen after a shower I was eating dinner. With dishes I now had to clean.

My mom had texted me again and sent me a list of things I needed to talk about with Carson.

It involved mostly about the wedding:
Pick out colors
People
Place
Flowers
Cake
Wedding bands
Vows

I reply to her saying thanks. But I just wanted to be sarcastic and say: thanks for the list of crap that I can add to the list of shît.

The next day went by smoothly and I had texted Carson telling him we needed to talk about all of this. And he had agreed that he would come tonight. I walk outside and notice my mom was waiting for me.

Dress shopping. I completely forgot. I get in and say hello to everyone in the car. I saw my aunts and my grandmother all looking at me with eager faces.

"Hello," I say. They only squealed in return obviously very excited.

"So. Have you and Carson planned anything yet?" my grandmother asks.

"Um. No not really," I say. They all groan and roll their eyes.

"But we are meeting up tonight," I say. I look at my phone to see he still hasn't texted back. They all nod and let me off the hook. We get to the bridal store and immediately there were dresses thrown at me left and right.

The one I was trying on now was huge and reminded me of princesses like Cinderella.

"Oh, honey. Carson is calling," my grandmother yells. She hands me my phone and another dress.

"Hello?" I say quietly.

"You aren't home," he immediately says. His tone hard and it didn't sound happy.

"I've been kidnapped by women and shipped to a bridal store," I reply with a slight attitude.

"That was today?" he says sounding frustrated.

"Um... Yeah, I'll be home soon. I'm just going to pick the next dress and get out of here," I say changing out of the dress.

"Take your time," he says then hangs up.

Um. Okay, that was just a little bit rude. I put on the dress that my grandmother handed me and almost cried.

Who knew that I wasn't kidding to Carson. The next dress was my dream dress.

Long sleeved gown that was simple. And that was all I needed right now. Some simplicity to all of this sudden madness. Or some sleep. Either would be good.