L-Lunch

By the time lunch came around I was about to have a meltdown. I was cleaning up and as I picked up a paint bottle I discovered it was upside down.

"How does this even work?" I yell. I angrily close the bottle about to chuck it across the room. Instead I start crying. I was starving and forgot to pack my lunch this morning because I was so tired. I go to the sink to grab paper towels only to find out that I now had orange paint all down the front of my clothes.

"That's why you wear a smock Quinn!" I scold myself before starting to sob to myself again. I hear a knock on the door and I wipe my tears trying to not look like I've been crying. When I look to see who it was I saw Carson. Quickly I walk over to the door and open it for him. Trying to hide my tears looking away.

"Whoa. What happened?" he said looking at me concerned. He looked breathlessly good. And I'm standing here trying not to start crying again, I just shrug. I look at the ceiling for a little bit and then take a deep breath. Pulling paper towels off the thing I wet them and try to get rid of the paint on the front of my clothes. He rubs his hand on my back for a second and then quickly walks away towards my desk.

"I brought some food," he says unpacking the food. The fact that he brought me food had made me start to cry. I was so tired and stressed. It was like I was a train that went off the tracks and was still forcing myself to trudge forward.

"Why are you crying? Don't cry! Stop," he says walking towards me. I shake my head and wave a hand at him.

"I'm fine. It's been a long day," I say sniffling and wiping tears that were slipping away. I was irritated that I couldn't get anything done. It just seemed never ending and the more things I needed to do the less sleep I got. There just wasn't enough time.

"It's only eleven thirty," he says looking at the clock on the wall. I took a moment and look at him and how put together he looked. 

"Yeah," I stutter out my voice shaking. I throw the paper towels away and then clean up the paint that was on the table and floor. When I was done I sighed in relief and look at Carson who was sitting at my desk still laying out food. I grab my other chair that I use when I sit next to students, helping them out, and pull it next to Carson. Carson hands me some container and I look inside to see it was a sandwich.

"What's in it?" I ask.

"Chicken, bacon, avocado, cheese, lettuce, and I think onion. I asked your mom," he says. I take a bite and close my eyes.

"This is so good. Thank you," I say opening my eyes again.

"Have you been sleeping?" he asks with an eyebrow raised. I could feel his eyes looking at the dark bags under them.

"What's that?" I ask half-joking.

"I take that as a no," he says seriously.

"It's a no," I say nodding my head. He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear and then he takes off his suit jacket and hangs it on the seat behind him.

I look away as I see his body gracefully move. Was he really that built? What would he look like if his shirt was off? 

Why are these thoughts I'm having? I shake my head as if they were going to leave my head.

"What classes do you have next?" He asks handing me a napkin.

"I have a beginner art class and advanced art," I say leaning back in my chair wanting a nap.

"When do they start?" He asks looking at a stack of papers with an eyebrow raised.

"In like five minutes. You can stay if you want," I say still not trying to cry.