M-Man

Carson's house is huge. His maid took me to my room and I went straight to bed. There was a time where I was sure that someone had came into my room and kissed my forehead. I wake up and look at my e-mails. There was one from Mackey in all caps.

Today was a welcome back to school assembly. I put on jeans and remember to put leggings and a better shirt that way I can play volleyball. It was tradition for all the teachers to play in the school assembly. I walk into the kitchen to find Carson dressed and ready for work. There was a strong smell of coffee that only made my stomach growl.

"Morning," I say.

"Morning," he says sounding tired.

"Did you sleep?" I ask.

"Not until later. Some guy called me telling that one of the buildings we are working on had some mistakes," he huffs. I frown as I stare at the bags under his eyes.

"You ready to go?" he asks. I nod my head and we go out to his car. He drives me to the school and I sit in the car waiting for him to finish his text.

"I'm picking you up right after I get off. We have the practice thing tonight," he says.

"Okay. Don't work too hard," I tell him and get out of the car.

"Enjoy your last day Miss. Howell," he says with a glint in his eyes. I couldn't tell what the glint was trying to tell me.

"You mean my last day of freedom," I say. He laughs and gave me a huge smile.

"It's your last day too. You should smile a little more. You look better smiling, not that you needed more girls fawning all over you," I say. I roll my eyes at him and close the door and rush inside hoping he didn't hear the admiration in my voice.

"Are you ready to crush the students?" Mackey asks. I nod my head and high five him. First period comes and goes and then the assembly is called into session. I go to the bathroom and quickly change into my volleyball clothes. Principal Harvey calms the students and they all look at us patiently.

"We are so glad to finally be back into the flow of school! And to teach you guys! Each of the staff is going to tell why they love being here with you all," Principal Harvey says into the microphone.

"My favorite part is imagining each and everyone of their deaths. Or when they get yelled at by Harvey. Either one," Mackey whispers in my ear. I laugh and nod my head.

I was handed the microphone and I smile.

"My favorite part is being able to somehow embarrass every single one of you. That is really the only reason why I became a teacher," I say. I pass the microphone onto Mackey who said he really enjoyed seeing who was late everyday.

We had made the teams and I was pumped. I look at the opposing team and tell them that they were going down.

They didn't go down. Mackey was out of his game and yelled that the next time we played he'd get his revenge. I laughed and clapped.

"Before all of you leave to go to lunch we have something to tell you. Come here Miss. Howell," Principal Harvey says. I walk over to him and stand beside him. I was very confused.

"Next Monday you guys will not be able to call her Miss. Howell anymore," he says. I realize that he was referring that I was getting married.

"You will have to call her by her new last name, Mrs. Maximum," he says. I blush and try to hide my red face behind my hands.

"She will give you detention if you call her Miss. Howell," Mackey yells I laugh and shake my head.

"You are fine," I yell. We get to lunch a little bit late because of the volleyball game. I walk into my room to see Carson behind my desk in my chair. He was leaning back and had his feet up.