H- Help

When I was driving to work of course my car breaks down. Cursing I pull over to the side of the road and look at my phone.

First I call Mackey telling him that I needed someone to cover me and that my car broke down on the side of the road. He laughs at me and said he would cover. I tell him what the kids should be doing and that I should be there soon.

Then I call my dad.

"Hi, darling! Shouldn't you be at work? It's almost time for school to start," he says.

"I would be, but my car broke down on the side of the road. I missed the transit this morning so I had to drive," I say sobbing. I hear my dad talking to someone in the background. I've lost it. The lack of sleep finally caught up with me.

"Who are you talking to?" I snap just wanting to go back to sleep already.

"I'm showing Carson around the building today. We are starting the merge. We are coming. Don't move and stay away from the road," my dad says with a worried tone. I sit in my car and close my eyes. Maybe I can catch some sleep while I'm here. My phone starts to ring and I answer.

"Hello?" I say.

"Your dad had to stay back. So I'm coming to get you. Just send me your location. He is calling a tow truck as well," Carson says.

"Okay," I say into the phone sniffling.

"Were you asleep?" he asks.

"Yeah," I admit.

"Well, I'm almost there," he says and then hangs up. I sigh and rub my forehead. I hear a car roll up behind me and I see Carson's car. I grab my backpack and get out of the car. Carson gets out and walks over to me. He grabs my arm and pulls me into his embrace.

"Are you okay?" he asks his hand on the back of my head holding me close. I nod my head and feeling surprised, I hug him back. I get into the car and he drives away. My eyes close and I sigh.

"Did you sleep?" he asks looking over at me briefly. 

"Yes," I lie right through my teeth.

"Liar," he says with a sigh.

"I did," I say trying to convince him. When the car stops and is put in park I open the door only to realize we weren't at the school.

"I'm calling Mackey. Go to sleep," he states sternly.

"What! No! I need to go teach!" I yell reaching for the phone.

"Not in this state. Your students love you. Don't be tired. Sleep," Carson snaps. His voice was unwavering and hard. I knew he wasn't going to budge.

"Hi Mackey. I'm kidnapping Quinn. She didn't go to sleep last night and she isn't staying awake that well," Carson says into the phone.

"Yeah she's here beside me. Looking angry," Carson says shifting in his seat to look at me.

"You bet your asś that I'm angry! I want to go to work!" I say reaching for the phone.

"What are your students doing today?" Carson asks.

"They are getting taught by me after I kick your asś! This isn't fair! I have to marry you and all the sudden my life is flipped up side down! I'm not ready for marriage! I can barely juggle work and sleep! Hence why I didn't have a boyfriend!" I yell. He raises an eyebrow and I yawn trying to look as angry as I can. Then I slouch down realizing this was none of his fault.

He gives me a serious look with an eyebrow raised. And I sigh.

"They can do make-up work and catch up on any of the projects they need to do. Expect me back Monday hearing about how they are angels," I give in. I was leaning over the console and just finally relaxed into his shoulder resting my head.