C-Conversation

"Oh, there's another text," he says his dark eyebrows furrowed together.

"What is it?" I say.

"Wait, now there's a picture. They are in the house. I think they already picked out our clothes for tonight. She asked what song are we dancing to at the reception?" he asks.

"I don't know. What do you want to dance to?" I ask. He only shrugs in return and his phone beeps again. He rolls his eyes.

"It has to be a slow song otherwise they will pick it," he tells me. I cross my arms in front of me.

"What are we? Ten! How did they even get in?" I say.

"Then pick a song," Carson says his voice harsh.

"Your turn. You pick," I say shaking my head.

"Sebastian. Do you know any good slow songs?" Carson asks. He rolls the chair towards me and places his hands on my knees.

"Do I look that much of a nerd?" he says looking at us. Carson shakes his head quickly trying to make up for his little insult.

Carson sighs and shrugs, "I'm always working or doing something else. Don't really have a lot of time to listen to music or anything."

Sebastian puts down his notepad and walks over to my computer.

"My mom loves this band and listens to them constantly. I actually don't mind them either, because they are pretty good," he says and then goes back to what he was doing. Carson turns his chair and looks at the computer.

"The Lone Bellow. Never heard of them," Carson says and then turns back to me. All I could do was shrug and shake my head.

"Hey Sebastian," I say.

"Yeah?" he says looking over to me.

"What is your family doing Saturday?" I ask. He looks at Carson who nods urging him to talk.

"I don't think we are doing anything. I'll ask my parents," he says confused at why we were asking.

"I can call her if you want. It's probably best if I do anyways. We might get in trouble if I invited you this way," I say looking at Carson.

"To the wedding? Really?" he says getting excited.

"Don't tell anyone," Carson whispers. Sebastian nods his head eagerly.

"What's your mom's number?" I ask. He writes it down and gives me a hug. The bell rings making Sebastian rush out of the room to his next class and Carson stands up, "That's my cue."

"See you after school," I say standing up as he puts on his suit jacket. I kind of didn't want him to leave. I really liked his presence. 

"See you after school. Call her and then text me. I want to meet his parents," Carson says. Nodding I sit in my chair and start cleaning our mess. He kisses my forehead and then leaves. I call Sebastian's mother is now very excited that she was going to a wedding. I hand make their invitation and wait until Sebastian comes to my class.

"Hey, what did she say?" Sebastian says running into my classroom. Nodding my head I hand him the invitation.

"I hope you have a nice suit. Mr. Maximum can't wait to meet your parents," I say. The rest of my advanced art class walks in.

"Miss. Howell. We got some things for you," one of my students say.

"What?" I say confused. They pull out stuff from their backpacks.

"Tell Mr. Maximum if he breaks your heart that we will destroy him," Jed says shaking his fist. I laugh and nod.

"You guys. I'm so blessed to have you as my students come here," I say giving them hugs.