J- Jingle

Saturday's were all about sleeping in. I was sure of it. Absolutely positive about sleeping in on Saturdays.

I had my Saturday all planned out. I was going to sleep in. In Carson's bed. With him keeping me warm, of course. Then we would wake up, make some breakfast, and I would paint while Carson does some work. It was going to be great, but in reality it didn't go my way.

"Wakey wakey!" A voice says walking into Carson's room. The foot steps had stopped quickly though probably seeing two bodies in the bed. I look at the person and saw that it was Carson's mom.

Who had the biggest smile. I had been trying to convince Carson all day that it was bigger than the cat from Alice in Wonderland.

Anyways, I saw his mom and then quickly laid back down trying to hide in the sheets. I was also hoping that Carson's body would somehow hide my little one. Carson, who now was awake because of my movements, finally sat up and looked at his mother. Then down at me with a blank expression as I tried to let the sheets swallow me whole.

"Your mother is probably going to be very confused when she walks into your room," Carson's mom says her smile still huge.

"No she wouldn't. Not if these sheets swallow me whole," I mumble hoping that nobody would hear me. Carson did and jerked the sheets out of my hands and off of my body.

"Wait! No! It's cold you monster!" I say sitting up and reaching for the sheets. He had gathered them all in his arms in a big ball.

"What is all of this commotion?" my mom says walking into the room with her eyes wide at seeing me tackle Carson, who was wearing boxers. I was in a tank top with some pajama pants on.

"We will deal with this in a second. I just want the freaking blankets back," I say standing up. Carson was still laying down from when I tackled him. So I was doing what any sane person would do. I mean he has cushion in his arms.

I body slammed him.

"Quinn! I taught you better than this!" my mom shrieks which only brought a smile to my face. Maybe if she had gave me some sisters or something instead of cousins I wouldn't be so aggressive. Carson starts laughing as I try to take the blanket from him, yelling.

"Quinn get off of him!" My mom yells. Carson was still laughing as I was still trying to wrestle the blanket from him. He finally lets me have it and I cover myself. And hide behind Carson who sat back up. He could take my mom's wrath, right? I sat up not sure if he could take it.

"We are making breakfast for you two. Seems like you guys are doing better than we thought," Carson's mom says. Carson takes a blanket from me and covers his legs.

"Get dressed and come eat breakfast," my mom says leaving the room. Carson's mom squealed after she left the room. I get out of bed and head to my room and get dressed. Then I head downstairs to find Carson had already beat me there. He was dressed in some nice jeans and a nice shirt.

I just put on sweats and a t-shirt.

"Quinn? What are you wearing?" my mom asks turning around to look at me.

"Clothes," I say sitting down next to Carson. My mom glares at me trying to kill me with her eyes.

"You should dress a little nicer," she says.

"Wait, is there something going on tonight or something?" I ask confused. Carson was reading something on his phone, but had wrapped an arm on the back of my chair.

"You didn't tell her Carson?" his mom says turning around. Carson shakes his head no.

"Tell me what?" I ask looking at Carson who still was more interested with his phone.

"There is a company party tonight. We are celebrating the merge," my mom says.

"Wait, what!" I say looking at Carson who just shrugged.

"It's huge. He has a big speech. Why didn't you tell her Carson?" his mom says.

"Because it's not a big deal!" he says finally looking up from his phone. His mom rolls his eyes and shakes her head. My mom laughed and shook her head.

"What do you mean! Of course it is! Doing a huge speech is always huge!" I say looking into his eyes and shrinking down in my own seat.

"Its just a speech to a bunch of workers, investors, and clients," he says waving his hand around as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Were you planning to take me?" I ask narrowing my eyes at him. He scoffs and nods his head.

"Yes, I just didn't want it to be a big deal," he replies looking at me with a soft look. I roll my eyes and watch the food be set in front of me.

"It's a big deal to me," I say leaning forward stabbing a pancake and putting it on my plate. He doesn't reply and just shoves his face with food.

"Time for you to get ready!" my mom squeals.

"What? Why? What time is it?" I say confused. I look at the clock and saw it was nine something.

"The event starts at five," my mom says. I furrow my eyebrows and lean forward.

"It starts at five. It's nine something," I say pointing to the clock.

"Yeah, but the hair, dress, makeup and all. It's going to take awhile," she says.

"No it won't. I'm still eating," I say shoving more food in my mouth. I was trying to ignore how Carson's arm had moved from behind my shoulders to its new place on my leg.

"Quinnie, please just listen to me," my mom starts to say.

"Honey, she's fine," my dad says walking into the kitchen. How many people are in this house?

How did they get in? I turn towards Carson feeling confused on how my parents were here because I know he didn't let them in.

"My parents have a key," he whispers into my ear. We all talk and then after a few hours of saying a constant no to my mother I finally gave in around three.

"There is going to be press we need you to look good," my mom mutters.

"Are you calling me ugly mom?" I ask. She smacks my arm not answering.

I don't know what the smack meant. I let her pull at my hair and I refused to let her do my makeup. It took a lot of convincing and yelling, but I finally got her to agree about letting me do it. When I was done with my makeup she grit her teeth.

"What mom?" I ask narrowing my eyes at her.

"I think you should let me help you with your eyeliner," she says walking slowly towards me.

"Don't you dare. The last time I let you do it. I looked like a panda. Okay don't give me that look, I know I'm over exaggerating. But seriously get away from me. I'm not letting you do it. I like how I did it. Minimal," I say putting the eyeliner away.

"Whatever, have it your way," she says with a sigh.

I finish up and let my mom help me into my dress. It was a dark green long sleeve dress that even with heels on kind of touched the floor. It made my red hair look bright.

"Time to get you two going. Or you are going to be late," my mom says. I grab my jacket and head out the door. I see Carson who had his back facing me talking to our fathers. His dad points at me and I frown.

I hated the spotlight. My dad always did this to me when we had events. Carson turned around and smiled. I smile back and rush over to him hating all the eyes. He laughs and hugs me into his side knowing I hate the attention.

"Alright, let's go. Your grandfather is meeting us there," Carson's dad says. We got into the limo and headed to the event.

"You look nice," Carson says into my ear. I blush and smile.

"Thank you," I say trying to hide my face from our intruding family. "You look nice too." He kisses my temple and I watch both of our moms squeal. Both of our dads looked confused, then Carson's dad slowly started to smile. Then my dad nudged him and shook his head. I laugh and talk to Carson about his speech.