Epilogue

Almost two years later...

Silently I was cursing my husband out in my head. How did he get away with this?

I angrily clean the table of paint. I ignore the twinge of pain and my very wet bottom half.

He was an hour late today. It was so hot and I was sweating huge amounts. But I couldn't tell if it was because I was trying to work through contractions, because of the weather, or because of how angry I am.

Summer school had just started and ignoring everyone's request that I should stay home, I volunteered to teach.

It's okay. It's only ninety degrees with humidity. I'm just going to forget that I'm supposed to come pick up my very pregnant wife!

I groan in frustration and pain. It was mixed. Stupid husband and his ever growing need for sex.

"Oh, you are okay. I thought you were in labor or something," Carson says in relief. I turn around and look at him.

If looks could kill, he'd be dead. Heck, I didn't need to look at him. I place my hands on my hips. His eyes wander down and look at my soaking wet paints. He looked confused.

"Funny thing is, I am in labor. I have been for the past hour and half. Would've been nice to have my ever loving husband here," I point out gathering my stuff slowly.

When I look back up the blood from his face had drained and had no color.

"No, Carson. I don't need help. Thanks for asking. Do you need me to drive?" I ask. That snaps him back into reality. He runs over and finishes grabbing my stuff for me.

I was blaming all of this on him. Every single bit was his fault. Even if I dropped some paint. You bet it was going to be his fault.

We get into the car and I sigh in relief. Okay, we were getting somewhere. All the sudden another contraction waved through me and I grip the seat and the car door handle squeezing the crap out of them.

Oh, he's dead meat.

Finally we make it to the hospital and I'm settled and comfortable in my bed.

"This is nice," I say moving around my comfy bed.

"Yeah?" Carson says. I nod. And he smiles.

Uh, who gave you the freaking right to smile? I'm about to push your kid out of my vagiña!

The doctor walks in and checks how long I have.

"You are doing pretty good!" She says.

"What does that mean? How much longer do I have?" I ask desperate.

"You are half way dilated," she says.

"Oh, that is good," I say nodding my head.

Only five more centimeters to go!

She leaves and another contraction runs through me.

"Stupid husband," I say grabbing his hand.

"What?" He says with a chuckle. The contraction still hadn't finished so I squeezed his hand harder.

"You are stupid. Do you hear me?" I tell him.

It was our one year anniversary and we had celebrated a lot in bed. I was on birth control, but apparently his sperm is stronger.

"This is your fault. All of your freaking fault. Your damñ sperm all superhero like," I say.

A few more hours go by and I'm ready to push apparently.

"Never again. Absolutely not!" I yell as I push.

"You got this, love," he says. My heart flutters.

"I hate it when you say that!" I hiss still squeezing the life out of his hand.

"No you don't," he replies.

"Exactly, that's why I hate it. Babies happen as well," I say angrily. I push one more time and I hear a baby crying.

"Congrats! It's a baby boy!" The nurse says laying him on my chest.

"Ow," I say still feeling the pain. But I was too amazed at how there was a baby on my chest. One that I had in my belly. I watch as a large hand cup the babies head.

"Good job, love," Carson says. The nurse takes him and checks if he's alright.

I look at Carson.

"Henry William," he whispers with a smile. I nod trying not to cry. Which I only end up and fail.

"I hated that," I tell him honestly. He only smiles and kisses my cheek.

"You can go to sleep, Quinn," Carson says.

"Not without you," I tell him half asleep. The doctors had me fixed all right up and I could lay semi- comfortably. I scoot over and make room.

"I love you," I say leaning into his chest.

"Not as much as I love you," he replies. But before I could protest sleep had taken over.

When I wake up, I am greeted by a very quiet family. Which rarely happens. I notice that Carson wasn't beside me in the bed, but was watching his father hold our son like a hawk.

Our son... Thats new.

"Oh, hi baby! You are awake!" My mom shouts. Which only makes me immediately frowns. My dad grabs her arm before she can get to me and yell my ear off.

"She just woke up. Keep your voice down, she's tired," he says to her softly. She nods slowly in understanding.

But did she listen?

Nope.

"Mom, please," I whisper as she squeals into my ear. She stops and realizes she hasn't been quiet at all.

"How are you feeling?" My grandmother asks.

"I feel a lot better since I got to take a nap," I say. Everyone chuckles. Carson takes the baby and hands him to me.

"Hello, buddy!" I say. His eyes were wide open and he kept opening his mouth.

"Well, its late. We all should get going and let you two- three, get some rest," Mr. Maximum says. Carson climbs into the bed beside me.

"See you later," I say softly they all give us hugs and kiss all of us bye. A familiar nurse comes in with a smile.

"Your husband didn't even sleep. He just stared at you," she says. I look at Carson to notice he was sleeping. I giggle and then look back at the kind nurse.

"I'm here to help you feed the baby," she says after taking a picture to send to her family at home.

Henry didn't latch onto my nipple at first, but when he did he started to eat happily.

"There you go! We will bring your paperwork and that way you both can leave here today," she says with a smile as she stares at baby Henry ignoring her beeping phone.

"Thank you, Mrs. Radar!" I say. She smiles and waves her hand at me.

Henry stops eating and I burp him. The little guy ate so much. Carson moves beside me and I look at him to see his eyes open.

"He looks a lot like you," I say.

"He has your lips," Carson says.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"Because I kiss your lips all the time. So I know what they look like and feel like," he says. I giggle and lean into him.

Mrs. Radar soon came in with the papers and we finished with everything and headed home.

Love will always be weird. I look over at Henry who was showing me love like his father does, by gently holding my finger in his tiny hand.