Chapter 11

Leo woke the next morning feeling light and happy. His dream chat with Angel couldn't be considered a dream walk or a vision, which meant it had to be real. And that meant more to him than anything else.

He loved that his mate had sought him out, in reality, to reassure himself and with the desire to quell his bad dreams with fun and laughter. He had never had anyone take care of him before. It was a surprisingly pleasant notion. Even more so when Angel had suffered so much and yet only cared about his happiness and well being.

He guessed that it was a symptom of their being mates to each other and the strengthening of their bond, because he felt the same about his mate. Angel's health and well being would always take precedence over his own.

And with that knowledge, Leo left the pub around ten o'clock in the morning and traveled as a wolf into the nearest town, with his backpack hanging from his mouth. When he reached the edge of the forest, closest to town, he transformed back again and dressed.

It didn't take him any time at all to find and purchase all the items he had to replace from his backpack. He bought new clothes, in his own size and in a size he guessed would fit his mate. Angel was taller and broader than he was, a fact proven to him by the ill fitting jeans he had left his mate wearing. He was also very fit and chiseled, which didn't help his concentration much while shopping. Especially since he had to entertain those thoughts and recall undressing his mate, to guess his size.

Since he had a lot of money at his disposal, Leo bought two different sizes of clothes and a new backpack for Angel to keep his things in. He also stocked up on other supplies; rope, flashlights, herbs for the strengthening shake and for healing as well as the herbs that induced a dream walk. He didn't want to have to talk to Angel urgently and find that the dream walk didn't accommodate him.

Leo bought extra food too. Things that could be eaten cold, that could be kept a long time and that could be hidden in the forest, if they had to leave in a hurry.

He was hoping to find a cabin or a private dwelling in the hills that he could rent or buy. Something that was close enough to the village to get supplies, if they were free to do so, but secluded and private so Angel could recover in peace and tranquility. He wasn't sure how long it would take, but he wanted to make sure they were comfortable.

However, the town didn't help him in that regard. There was nothing for sale that suited his needs, in the area he wanted. He would have to come back and check again or find another plan. Either way, he would need a safe house set up, before he risked rescuing Angel.

"Well friend, you've been gone all day," the barman, a man he discovered was called Frenkin, called out as he walked into the pub again that afternoon. It was indeed late, almost four o'clock already. He moved out from behind the bar as Leo walked over to the stairs and quietly caught his arm. "I'll send the girl up, to wake you for your meeting. Before you go, this came for you. Don't know who, don't know when or why. Just found it on a table, when I was clearing up," he explained quietly, in as close to a whisper as he could manage with his booming voice. He handed Leo an envelope that was sealed with wax. And still unopened. He smiled at that.

"Thank you, Frenkin. Much appreciated," he nodded to the barman and continued up to his room. That was fine, he could read his letter in peace and grab a quick nap without worrying that he would miss his dinner meeting. Frenkin knew he was tired; it was probably written all over his face by now.

Leo sat down on his bed, kicked off his shoes and lay back on the pillow as he tore open his envelope. A single leaf fell out; the leaf that caused a dream walk. Leo frowned at it and placed it under the pillow so that no one unsuspecting would find it.