Chapter 32

Three days later, rucksacks hanging off their shoulders and back on their homeland, Leo and Angel walked to the edge of Milo's territory. There was a guard waiting for them, that recognized Leo instantly.

Instead of asking their purpose, they led them into the forest and straight to Milo's house. It was late in the day and the territory was quiet, though he and Angel noted with interest that Carlton's pack, once Angel's to rule, were already settled on a clearing that hadn't been there when Leo left. It was a pleasant sight to them both.

"Beta!"

Leo looked up from his tired focus on the steps leading into the house, to see Algar and Callum standing guard at the front door, both smiling at him. He was glad to see familiar faces and the surprise in their eyes when their gaze drifted to Angel, who was smiling at them uncertainly.

"Boys, this is my mate, Angel Dubrinsky. Angel, these are the troublesome Simpson twins, Callum and Algar. The two best guards you will ever meet," he explained jovially, pointing out each brother as he introduced them.

Angel nodded at them in hello and they each nodded back, stunned to meet the last Dubrinsky.

"The Alpha will be most eager to see you," Algar admitted, before rushing to open the front door for them. He nodded to Callum, who stayed where he was, while Algar led Leo and Angel into the house and up to the living suite of Milo's rooms.

He knocked firmly and opened the door, when there were no complaints. He stepped inside, grinning from ear to ear as Milo looked up from the sofa, where he was sitting reading, with Katarina lying on the sofa, her head on his lap.

"Alpha, you have a few guests," Algar explained, stepping aside to reveal Leo and Angel.

Milo stared for a full moment and then gave Katarina's shoulder a nudge. She moaned in complaint, so he shoved again, stunned into silence. As soon as she moved into a seated position, he jumped to his feet and raced over to where Leo and Angel stood, just inside the door, smiling at him.

"Leo!" He gasped, grasping his Beta by the shoulders and looking him over with an excited smile, before glancing at Angel. "Angel. It's so good to see you," he confessed, reaching his hand out hesitantly.

Angel gave it a quick look and turned a curious gaze onto his mate. When Leo gave his nod, Milo found himself drawn into a bone crushing hug.

"Good God, you're strong," Milo laughed as he hugged Angel back.

Leo laughed with him. But when the laughter stopped and Milo and Angel stood, holding onto each others forearms, in awe of one another, taking each other in, they were caught by a sniff from the side of the room.

"Katarina. Don't cry...come greet your cousin," Milo chuckled, reaching one hand out to her.

She moved across to him, wiping at her tears as she went, taking his hand with a firm grip.

Leo was surprised to see her with a noticeable baby bump already.

"Angel. I feel as if I know you already. Leo's told us so much about you," Katarina sniffed back her tears as she gave Angel a gentle but lengthy hug that he returned.

He wasn't afraid of these people the way he had been with Alpha's Murphy and Bryson. Milo and Katarina were close friends of his, people Angel had heard stories about, felt he knew and had a connection with. They were family.

"And I you," he returned, speaking into her hair, with a shaking voice full of emotion.

Katarina fell to pieces against his shoulder, sobbing.