Ending

Pic from the movie Flicka 2006^

We all stood in a line with our horses as Ms. Moore lifted the trophy. Robert, Alison and Tom walked down to congratulate us. Ned walked behind Brianna's parents who walked over and hugged their daughter. Brianna flipped her hair and smiled for the cameras. I caught Jacob's eye as he was hugging his parents, he smiled. I returned the smile before turning to Spirit, who was surprisingly still calm, despite the crowd of people.

"You did good today boy." Spirit softly nickered as he accepted a few pats from Robert. We took a few more pictures and talked with the judges before heading home. As I was loading Spirit in the trailer I saw Brianna elbow her way towards me. I sighed. What did she want?

"Well I wanted to thank you for your performance today and helping us win." I smiled. "No problem." Brianna held up her hand. "That doesn't mean we're friends. You stole my boyfriend, you stole that horse from me. The only reason I'm not taking him back is because my father said it would cause problems and people will talk. Besides i don't need a crazy horse like that around in my stables."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Brianna I never stole Jacob from you. And Spirit has always been my horse."

Brianna rolled her eyes. "Whatever I don't want you two feet near me from now on. You think Jacob will ever forget someone like me? You're so plain."

With that she turned on her heel and marched away. I'd actually thought she was going to drop this. I wanted to be friends, I was even willing to try again but now I could see that it wasn't going to happen.

Ms Moore walked up to me. "Kate you did well today, helping us win. We have a dressage competition next month and I would like you to bring that horse of yours for training next week."
I groaned. Training Spirit for dressage was going to take awhile, but nevertheless I nodded.

Robert honked the horn. "Ready to go?" I nodded and walked inside the trailer with Spirit.

The following week I went shopping with Alison for school supplies. I wasn't looking forward to leaving Spirit but I knew he would be in good hands.
Summer was almost over and I spent everyday with Spirit riding him in open fields. Sometimes with Robert and Alison and Tom and sometimes it was just the two of us.
Jacob would come over and bring Celestia sometimes.

Spirit got all excited when he saw her, which made us laugh. I was slowly warming up to Alison. She was never going to replace my mom but I realized I didn't mind having her around, but it still hurt to see my dad with another woman. I needed to ask why him why he'd married Alison and if he'd forgotten mom, but now wasn't the right time.

I was actually glad Uncle Thomas had sent me here. If he hadn't I might have never met Spirit. Now I never wanted to leave Wyoming.

I was happy here with my friends, and family. Most of all I was happy I had Spirit.
That afternoon we played our game of tag in the pasture. After running around a lot I stood beside Spirit who had his eyes fixed on the golden sunset.

We stood there for awhile watching the sunset together. Finally after the moon had risen in the starry night sky I led Spirit back inside for his dinner. That night I slept with a smile on my face. I couldn't wait for the next day, a new day with Spirit.

All the gif/pictures I've been using are mostly from The Flicka movies 1-3 and some horse pictures I've googled. This story is made up but Inspiration from this story came from Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron and Flicka 3 Country Pride. Thank you to everyone for reading and voting for this story.Hope u all enjoyed it.