Part 5

"So? Any ideas of the dress you're wearing?" asked Matsuri while we finished giving some mission reports to my brother.

"Actually I have the dress I wanna use" I replied while smiling. Matsuri's eyes widened.

"Really?!?!? Awww that's so cool!! Can I see it?"

"W-well..."

"Please!! Can I??" she begged me. I sighed.

"Fibe but on one condition." I said. "Don't tell anyone about it!"

"Hai!! Let's go!!" she said while running to the house. Once we were there we went to my room and told her to wait a while until I got the dress out.

"Can I see it now?" she asked with her eyes closed.

"Just give me a break. I need to close everything" I said annoyed.

"Okay!!" she said and after some seconds. "Now?"

"If you keep asking I won't show you anything!" I warned. "Now, open your eyes!!"

Matsuri opened her eyes and looked at my dress. "Wait, it's that-"

I nodded, "My mother's dress. Do you like it?"

"I know but...umm..don't you think it's a little...old?" she asked nervous. "I mean, I think it needs someone to take care of it"

"But it's my mother's wedding dress!!" I yelled.

"Yeah but you see this?" she said while pointig to some parts that were broken. "It needs to be repaired."

I sighed. I knew it needed some twists but I really wanted to preserve the original design. I looked at Matsuri. "Okay, we'll repair some things but promise me you will preserve it's original design."

Matsuri nodded. "Don't worry, I know someone that will make this dress look like new!!"

After a while I found myself alone at home. This whole wedding thing is surely a mess but I know it's worth it.

I looked at the clock. 3:00 p.m. Gaara will not arrive in 3 hours if nothing bad happened. And Kankuro's at the town helping Shikamaru with the preparations, I hope.

"Hn..I wonder how Shikamaru's doing?" I said while I rushed to the kithed to see what should I do for dinner.

I sighed seeing that there weren't enough food, "Well, time to go to the market"

--------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, please no more..." I said while walking through Suna's streets with Kankuro. We were buying some stuff the council ordered us for the wedding. "Tell me this is all for today.."

"Hmm let's see....the place, the food, invitations, traditional stuff for decoration.." Kankuro said while readig a list that Gaara gave him. "Yup!! All done!! We'll bring this to the council and then..."

Honestly I was so tired for all the shopping thing that I just ended up ignoring Kankuro's chat and stared at the clouds. It's been a while aince I did this so I felt so relaxed once I saw the clouds.

"Oi!! Shikamaru!!!" Kankuro yelled while smacking my head. "Don't get distracted let's go!!"

I sighed, "Yeah, yeah...whatever"

Some hours later, we were back at the house. Gaara was still at the office and there wasn't any sign of Temari's chakra.

"Looks like it's just the two of us now" I said to Kankuro.

"Great!!" he said while going to grab some snacks at the kitchen. I went to the couch to watch TV.

Contrary to Konoha, Suna's television was interesting. They didn't had childish food competitions programs, everything was either some movies, the news and programs dedicated to promote Suna's culture.

I founded myself watching closely a program where people were surfing in a huge mountain of sand, instead of water.

Suddenly, Kankuro changed the channel to one that showed a movie about robots. He sat beside me with some potato chips.

I frowned and changed it back to the sand surfing program.

But he changed it back to the movie.

I grabbed the control once more and changed it again.

"I've been waiting 6 months to watch that movie" he said serious.

"And I was watching tv here first" I replied.

"Haven't you seen the calendar? This is Kankuro's time for tv!"

"That's ridiculous! Who does schedule your time for watching tv?" I said but he pointed at the paper posted in a column.

"See my name there?" he said while grabbing the control and smirked. "My time"

O sighed, knowing that it was useless to start a fight like this. But I knew what he and Gaara were trying to do since I got engaged. They are prooving if I'm a good man for Temari.

I smirked while standing up and going away from the main room. Too bad that I won't give up on her that easy.

"What a drag, I guess they I'll have to find a way to get along with them first before they kick me out.."