Part 18

I was nervous. Extremely nervous. I looked at my reflection in the mirror thinking of the big step I was going to make today.

"Aww you look so beautiful!!" said Matsuri while finishing on helping me with my wedding dress. My mother's wedding dress.

"Who would've thought that you and Shikamaru would get married today" said Tenten while Ino nodded.

"Actually, I always knew something was up between you too!" she said while putting some white flowers on my hair.

"Please Ino admit it, even you didn't knew about their relationship" added Sakura who was sitting near a one month pregnant Hinata.

"But I know when it started!" Ino replied excitedly.

"Everyone knows it started at the Chunnin Exams" I said, remembering the time I fought with him and when he was about to win, he gave up.

Hinata giggled, "Well yeah, now that I think of it, that end was funny"

Everyone thought pf that moment and ended up laughing for a while.

"Yeah" Ino said while taking a breath. "But I mean when it started officially you know, that mission we had after the war"

"After the War?" said all the girls, confused.

I grinned, "Yeah I remember, after the mission he asked me on a date. Actually I figured it out myself since he couldn't say it clearly"

"There! All done" said Ino while finishing with her hair. Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it" said Tenten while standing up. As she opened the door she found Kankuro.

"Kankuro? What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Tenten! Look, I need to...." he said before getting nervous. What was he going to say?

"You need what?" she insisted once she noticed how weird he was acting.

"I need to have a word with Temari... alone" he blurted out before mentally face palming himself.

"Okay, but you need to wait, we're working on her make up right-"

"I'll finish it! Gaara and the boys needs all the girls right now, specially Sakura"

"But why all of us if you only need Sakura?" she asked.

"Who is it Tenten?" I yelled from inside the room. Kankuro explainedd the whole situation to  the brunette in minutes before givig her a pleading look.

Once Tenten knew the whole reason she talked back "Is Kankuro! He says  the Kazekage needs everyone out because the ceremony's about to start" she said.

"Start?!?! But what about Temari's make up!?" yelled Ino in fear.

I noticed that I still had an hour to get prepared so I sighed before turning to the girls. I knew he was up to something so I told the girls to leave me alone with him.

Once they were all out I saw Kankuro standing nervously behind me.

"Tell me Kankuro, what is going on?" I asked knowing he was acting strangely.

"..I..nothing Temari.." he mananged to say. "You look..beautiful"

I lowered my head and smiled, "Thank you. I still have to put make up on.."

"I can do that" he said while sitting in front of me.

"No purple, please" I said while smirking at him. He smiled while grabbing the materials.

I noticed he was being extremely cautious. He was trying so hard not to ruin anything, specially my dress.

He finally broke the silence, "You look exactly like our mother.."

"It's just the wedding dress" I replied back. "It was hers so.."

"Maybe, but I wasn't talking about the dress" he said while finishing on putting me make up on and giving me a small mirror. "Look"

At that moment I teared up. He used the exact colors our mother used to wear everyday before she died. My eyes were shaped in a light green colour mixed with a small hint of gold while my lips were painted with light pink.

"Kankuro..." I mumbled, he looked at me with a warm smile.

"I want you to be happy Temari" he said. "Even if it's in another village"

"Baka.." I said while hugging him. "I may be leaving to Konoha but that doesn't mean I'll never come back"

"I love you Temari" he said.