Part 16

After a few hours running from Konoha to Suna we finally made it. We were exhausted? Yes, but we made it.

Or at least that's what I thought when we arrived during the night to the sand sibling's house. It was extremely dark and quiet and it was intriguing.

"Do you think she's in there?" I asked while looking at the door I had to knock.

"Well, there's only one way to know" said Kankuro while scratching his head. "To be honest I don't want to go in"

"Really?" I snapped at him. "After all this hours of running insanely?!"

"If you want to go first then go ahead" said Gaara. "We will cover your back"

"You two?" I asked before murmuring how cowards they looked. Of course, Gaara did hear that.

"I am ofended" he said after a while, "But of course, you wouldn't understand"

I sighed, "troublesome". Then I knocked the door. After a while it got opened by itself.

Kankuro hid behind Gaara who didn't flinch, but his eyes showed deep curiosity. The three of us entered the house.

We walked for a while calling in a slow tone for Temari.

"Tem?" asked Gaara. "We're home..."

"Temari?? Are you in here?" asked Kankuro, but nobody answered. After a while the three of us relaxed.

"I guess she isn't here" Gaara said.

"She couldn't go that far" Kankuro said. "But I gotta say that I'm happy that she isn't-"

Then a huge blast of wind threw us away, separating me from the others. I heard Kankuro yelling in panic and Gaara trying to shut him up while slapping him.

Then a slim figure I knew very well appeared from the darkness and suddenly, I felt my legs tremble.

"T-Temari..." I murmured. But she ignored me and went straight foward to her brothers.

"You" she said in a dark voice as she grabbed both males from their ear. "What did I tell you about hiding higs from me?!?!"

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!!" said Kankuro and Gaara in pain.

"You left the village unprotected! We could've been in danger!!" she said.

"Temari we can explain!" yelled Kankuro.

"I am waiting for your explanation!"

"They were looking for me" I yelled while she suddenly gasped and released them.

She looked at me in shock. "Shikamaru.."

"They went to Konoha to apologize...for everything they did" I said. "They knew they were selfish and felt bad for it. I also feel bad for it.."

"Don't pity me Nara.." she said. "That's the last thing I need from you"

"Geez woman I'm not pitying you, I'm telling you the truth!" I said. "Look I'm sorry for everything I did to you, for the way I acted, for the things I said... Temari now I finally understand why your brothers were mean to me, and it's because they love you.."

"You knew it from the first day, and you still left me" she said.

"Because I was blinded by my frustration of trying to be part of your family. I tried to be part of them but they were jealous, and I get it because it's normal for them! Look Temari.."

At that moment I got closer and took her hands. "Your brothers understood that what really matters is your happiness and I want to be with you for the rest of my days. So please..."

I took a big breath, "...will you marry me?"

At that time Temari's eyes showed a small amount of doubt but after a while she sighed, while showing me a cute smirk.

"Alright, guess I'll have to marry you so you'll stop being a cry baby" she said.

I smirked before kissing her, "Troublesome"

"So...beautiful!!" Kankuro said while crying. Gaara patted his back while smiling to us.

"Well, now that everything's back to normal" Gaara said. "We have a big weddig to make in a week."

"A week?!" Temari said.

"But we stopped the preparations" I said.

"That's what you think" he smirked.

"Explain yourself" Temari demanded

"I've been in contact with lots of people and continued the preparations" he said. "Actually everything's almost done thanks to Ino and the rest of Konoha 11. We just have to deal with the floral decorations and wait for the day"

Suddenly Temari hugged his little brother in awe.

"Thank you Gaara!!" she said while smiling.

"Everything for our elder sister" he said.

She smirked, "Yeah, but don't think that I won't forget everything you did before. I need to take my revenge before marrying..."

Suddenly Gaara shrugged as he looked to a frightened Kankuro. I looked at them and laughed.

"Well, let's get over with this wedding!"