Part 12

Weeks passed since I went back to Konoha from Suna. I returned to my normal life, working at the Hokage building, training and spending time with my team.

"Shikamaru, you've been too quiet since you came from Suna" said Ino with concer as we ate steak at some restaurant.

"Yeah" said Chouji while eating. "How's the wedding preparations going?

"There's no wedding" I blurted out while drinking sake.

"What?!?!" Ino yelled whioe Chouji almost chocked. "What hapoened?!?!"

I sighed before telling them everything hat happened. As I finished, Chouji and Ino looked at each other.

"If that happened then why Suna made me sent all the flowers last week?" Ino murmured to Chouji.

"Maybe they want them for something else?" he replied.

"Oi, what are you talking about?" I asked while they murmured to eachother.

"Nothing Shikamaru, it's just that we're shocked" Ino said. "I didn't expected Temari to break up to you. You seemed to be perfect for each other!"

"Yeah, maybe she broke up to you bevause she was angry. It's not a big deal" Chouji said.

"Actually I broke up with her" I said. "It was too troublesome anyways so.."
I got interrupted when suddenly, Ino's hand slapped my face.

"I can't believe that you just gave up after all you went through! What kind of idiot are you Shikamaru?!?!" Ino said while leaving the boys shocked.

"What just got into her?" I asked while Chouji stood up.

"Dude, that was a dick move. I'm surprised that you're still alive after doing that" he said while leaving me confused.

As Chouji went outside, he found a mad Ino waiting for him.

"I can't believe he did that! They were perfect for eachother!!" Ino yelled while walking.

"Honestly I never thought Shikamaru was that kind of guy. Specially doing that to Temari" Chouji added.

"Seriously, Shikamaru's an idiot! How could he broke up with her at his point!! I know her brother's played a big part in it but dude, he should've known they're prooving him as a man!"

"Eh?!? Prooving who dattebayo?" asked Naruto who was just returning with Sakura and Sai from a mission.

Ino and Chouji turned around to see team 7 standing there, waiting for an answer.

"Eh?! Guys.." said a surprised Ino.

"You came back" Chouji added.

"We just came back from Kakashi's office" Sakura said.

"I heard something about Shikamaru" Sai added. "Did he broke up with Temari-san?"

"Sai! Shikamaru's not the type of man!" Sakura yelled.

"Actually he did" Ino added in a sad tone. "and for the most idiotic reason"

After a while, Ino and Chouji explained everything to them.

"I can't believe that Gaara and Kankuro did that!" Sakura said.

"Actually, I read in a book that they behavior is normal, since her only sister's getting married" Sai added.

"Still! Giving up for something like that it's ridiculous dattebayo!" Naruto said while leaving the group.

"Naruto! Where are you going?!?" Sakura said.

"To knock some sense into him!! Oh, and tell Hinata I'll take a while returning home dattebayo!" he said while leaving.

"aaannd there he goes" Chouji added while Sakura sighed.

"I just hope this works out well" Sakura said.