Ilbarker Speaks

ilbarker

EC came into view, dragging Cassia along behind her. Depositing her semi-limp form in front of Ilbarker, she smirked. "ɖơŋ'ɬ щąʂɬɛ ყơųγ ɬıɱɛ щıɬɧ ɧɛγ." And then, she left.    

 Il dropped to her knees next to Cassia. "Cass?! Are you okay?"

She looked up weakly, pain clear on her face. "Il...? Is that really you?" she said quietly, a faint glimmer of hope appearing in her eye.

"Yeah, it's me," il's hands hovered over Cassia's body, unsure what to do.

"Are you alright? What did EC do to you?"

Cassia painfully pushed herself into a sitting position, not wanting to show how damaged she was. "I don't know... But she can't kill me, that much is certain."

Il shifted until she was sitting cross-legged next to Cassia, "Do you know how long we have together?"

She shook her head. "EC just woke me up, she didn't even tell me where she was taking me... " Her eyes met with Il's, a desperate look in hers. "Why are you here...?"

"U-uh, well.... ECmayhavestartedacompetitionofwhatwedidforthefourthofJulyandshesaidthatwehadtopostapictureofwhatwedidandthewinnerwouldgettospeaktoyouandIwantedtomakesureyouwereokaysoIpostedareallyembarrassingphotofilledwithAmericanstereotypesbutIwonsoitwasforagoodcause?" il coughed at the end of her rambling, red from embarrassment, hoping Cassia had followed along so she wouldn't have to repeat the sentence.

"Ah.. " Cassia nodded, then winced a a spike of pain shot through her. Trying to ignore it, she refocused on Il. "Was it at least funny?" she asked with a small smile, trying not to move much.

Il frowned slightly at the wince, but decided not to mention it, "Um, yeah, w-well, let's just say a lot of tea went to waste.. But what has been happening to you? Do you remember anything that could be of use?"

"From before I was kidnapped or when I woke up with EC?" she questioned, trying to remember what had happened.

"Um.. just whatever you can remember clearly"

"Well... " she thought back to when she first woke up after she was taken. "EC didn't tie me up or hold me hostage at first... She believed she could turn me into another version of her. She's looking for another evil entity for something... But after I refused, that's when... This" she indicated her hurt self, the pain on her face clear as she gestured. "Then I was punished... But, I did find out one thing. "

"Oh, oh wow.." il had always hated how she could imagine the most grotesque things, "Wait, what did you find out?"

Cassia glanced around carefully to make sure EC wasn't around. Then, she leaned on closer to Il. "She's vain." she whispered quietly. "It's her fatal flaw, it's probably one of the reasons I'm still alive."

Despite herself, il snickered, "What is it with evil characters being vain? So.. do you think she could be manipulated by using her weakness against her?"

Cassia shrugged, forgetting about her shoulder for a minute. Sucking in a short breath as the stabbing pain came again, she slowly nodded. "Maybe... I don't know how though, she's craftier than me. When I made her, I essentially put everything bad about me into her design... I'm not sure how she evolved to what she is today though."

"Hmm, we'll work on it. Anything else?"

"Well... I don't know what time it is exactly, but between when the shadows are dark in the afternoon and when night hits, she's not around. I don't know where she goes... But it's still something." Cassia explained, hoping Il would have a plan.