The Lake

I glanced at the girl, who I knew would be waking for a few seconds after Ultima finished whatever she was doing with the girl

     I glanced at the girl, who I knew would be waking for a few seconds after Ultima finished whatever she was doing with the girl. My sister never told me what she did with Cassia in the dream world, simply that it was important to the plan. Often the girl spoke a few words upon waking, whether it be a request or a need. The only question was what it would be this time.

     The girl's eyes flew open and she gasped for breath, her eyes frantically searching for mine. "Search... the... lake..." she gasped. I watched as the tendrils of the spell caught her and dragged her back to sleep, her body going limp once more.

     Upon closer inspection, I noticed tears streaking her cheeks. That wasn't right. Her dreamscape was supposed to be happy, and void of worries. And then her words themselves... She was normally more composed when she spoke her requests.
     Something must be wrong.

     I walked over to the bubble and laid a gentle hand on it, whispering words to her

     I walked over to the bubble and laid a gentle hand on it, whispering words to her. "ʄօʀɢɛt tɦɛ ʍɛʍօʀʏ օʄ tɦɛ քǟɨռ ʏօʊ ʄɛʟt ɨռ tɦɛ ɖʀɛǟʍֆċǟքɛ, ɢօ ɮǟċk tօ ǟ ֆtǟtɛ օʄ ɮʟɨֆֆ." Whatever had upset her would be forgotten, because she deserves to be happy. Whatever had happened would be wiped from her conscious memory, and she could go back to being happy.

     With a small sigh, I decided I would go ahead and follow her request. Maybe it would lead me to a clue of why her dreams were so troubled.

     Disappearing from the cave and reappearing outside, I began a trek around the lake, looking for anything out of them ordinary. Traces of magic led me to a scrap of paper under a rock, the paper itself holding magic. Picking it up, I swiftly stood back out and glanced around, unsure of who sent the note, or if they were still around.

     Reading the note quickly, I realized that the shade boy was trying to get ahold of Cassia. How he found this place I don't understand, but I can still leave him a message. Summoning a cream colored scroll and a feather quill, I wrote down a response to the paper.

Dear Shade,
Unfortunately, Cassia isn't able to respond to you right now, but I found and received your message.
I must warn you that my sister isn't all that she seems, so I wouldn't underestimate her. Be careful on Halloween.
As for the enchantment I placed Cassia in, I ensured that only one who loved her could get through it. You'll have no need to break it, a simple touch of your power will release her.
I don't know if you have any sort of connection with her, but if you do, would you tell me what upset her so greatly today? She woke from the spell crying, and I designed the dreamscape to be happy. If you don't have a bond, let me know if I can help you create one.

Write back quickly,
Isabella

     I rolled up the scroll and sealed it with a blast of magic, then placed it in the same spot the note had been. "ɨ ɦօքɛ ʏօʊ ֆɛɛ tɦɨֆ, ֆɦǟɖɛ..."  Turning away from the lakeside, I vanished again and appeared back in the cave. ""ʝʊֆt ɦօʟɖ օռ ǟ ʟɨttʟɛ ʟօռɢɛʀ, ċǟֆֆɨǟ..." I whispered quietly.