Thoughts of the Fallen

Have you ever wondered, what's the point of life?

We all die in the end.
Few, if any, of a generation make a difference.

So... What's so bad about death?

Everyone wants to believe that the life they live makes the world better for the next generation, but, ask yourself this.

If the next generation eventually dies as well, why bother making their life easier?
What has the next generation ever done, or will do, for you?

No one wants to believe that they are living a life without the possibility to make a change and yet, some accept that.

Those who hope are deluded sometimes, having tangled thoughts.

Those who give up and fall see the truth, no longer tangled but straight.

Let me tell you a story.

Every human is born with the flame of hope, burning brightly within their soul.
As a child, that flame is at its brightest, you believe you can do anything, from being a dragon when you grow up to making world peace.

But, as you grow older, things happen.

You either have people who support your dream, or you have people who crush your dreams.

Some, even when their dreams are crushed, find a way to carry on, to fight through the pain and still have hope.
Some, especially when their dreams are crushed by a loved one, are crushed. They fall apart, cease to function.

Those who carry on are stronger, the fighters of this world. They embody hope, so others can see them and hold hope as well. They are the protesters of this world, of those who can't help themselves. They encourage. They do unimaginable things. They send out comforting words and dreams.
And all of it is just so they can believe they make a difference.

Those who fall are different. Some accept that they've fallen, some refuse to see the truth. But those who know they've fallen, well, they represent many things. Some say they represent false hope. Others say it's a form of despair. Still more believe it to be a representation of nothing more than failure.
Yet, the fallen truly represent truth, for they understand how the world really is.

Time continues. Those who fall, some get back up. Others don't. Those who fought, some fall, others carry on.

The world keeps spinning, changing, evolving.
Or, so we wish to believe.

That's the story.
That's how the world works.
Now, before you go, let me ask you a question.

Why do you carry on? Why don't you fall and learn to accept the truth?

Or

If you've fallen, why don't you get back up? Why don't you see the world as the hopeful do?