Prologue. (EDITED)

Hey! This fanfiction is a sequel to the fanfiction called 'Why is everything so complicated???'.

If you didn't read that fanfiction, you won't understand anything, so go and read that first!

Ok, now with the formalities!

Don't copy, steal, or claim this fanfiction! I can give pieces of advice to you if you need them!

WARNING: Foul language, sexual references, dark humor, dark themes, plot-twists, and cliffhangers! Read at your own risk!

Ok, ready to read? Ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap

Adrien stopped in front of the red light, just a few blocks away from Alya's house. He was whistling some tune, Marinette was texting someone, Louis was drawing on the glass, and Hugo was sleeping.

But, what Marianne said, left both Marinette and Adrien in utter shock, almost making Tikki and Plagg blow their covers.

"Mom, dad? Who is Spotty Bane?"

End of recap

Marinette paled, dropping her phone in her lap and Adrien's eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

"H-how did you come up with that name, sweetie?" Marinette asked, trying to keep her cool. This must be a coincidence, he is dead!

"I didn't make it up, momma. He told me his name in my sleep. He is quite strange, but he gives good advice. He has this strange accent, and eyes like a snake!" Marianne said with happiness to her voice, as if talking about a very dear friend.

Adrien and Marinette looked at each other, both knowing this is no coincidence, and worked up a plan, whispering silently as the kids played with each other in the back seat, not understanding how grave the situation is.

Once they arrived at Alya's house, Marinette took Louis and Hugo with her, while Adrien drove off with Marianne to Master Fu, ignoring all of Marianne's questions, but deciding to ask some of his.

"Why did you ask me who he was?"
"He said you and mommy would know him, daddy. He said that he is an old friend of yours!"

Adrien's hold on the steering wheel tightened, but he dared not reply. He plastered on a fake smile, something he is used to thanks to his father, and asked further questions:

"For how long has this been going on?"
"Since Louis' birthday!" 
"And what else did this, Spotty Bane say?"
"Well, he helped me with my homework once, and helped me pick a dress for Kiara's birthday, it was the purple one with blue stripes, I really wanted to wear the yellow frilly one, but..."

Adrien turned off for a bit, focusing on the road. He helped her with a bunch of trivial things, so nothing dangerous. maybe this really is some imaginary friend of hers, and she just heard the name on the TV, there were a lot of documentaries made about him. He was infamous by now. Suddenly, his shirt pocket, aka Plagg started squirming uncomfortably in his place, reacting to something Marianne said.

"What did you say, sweetie?" Adrien asked her to repeat herself, thinking that Plagg just got worked up over nothing again.
"He talked about his son, and how they liked to play hide and seek, just like me! He says his son is like a cat, but that's silly! How can people be like cats?" Adrien's mouth formed into a thin line as he parked his car. So he is representing himself as a human, great. He quickly patted his pocket to calm Plagg down and exited the car, Marianne in tow.

"That's a nice sweetie. So he is your friend?" Adrien tried to play along as they walked to an apartment complex, hoping that this Spotty really is just an imaginary friend and not the evil kwami hunter he so vividly remembers.
"Yup! We even have a secret handshake!"

Adrien laughed, but in reality, he was furious. If that disgusting snake really is back, he will use his daughter, and possibly just end her life. Adrien knew from the start that that heartfelt goodbye all those years ago was nothing more than arouse, nothing more than a distraction to get their guards down.

"Daddy, where are we?" Marianne asked as they walked up to an old door inside the complex.

"We are here to visit someone," Adrien replied instantly, knocking on the door three times before hearing shuffling inside.
"But, why did we leave mommy and my brothers back there?"
"Because we have someone who wants to meet Spotty Bane, sweetie. He will tell you all about him you need to know."

Ugh, even his name has a bitter taste, Adrien thought. He knocked on the door once more, and an old, short  Chinese man, in a Hawaiian printed T-shirt opened the door, smiling when he saw a familiar face.

"Adrien! What a surprise! And who is this?" Master Fu looked at Marianne, sending a small smile her way as well.
"This is my eldest child, Marianne. Marianne this is Master Fu." Adrien introduced them both, nudging Marianne forward toward the old Master. Marianne looked at Master Fu, then back at her dad, then back at him. She held out her hand, but before Fu even touched her hand, she screeched bloody murder and jumped back.

"No! No! A monster! A monster!" She yelled.
"Marianne?" Adrien blinked.
"Get me away, daddy! Get me away!" She jumped up into Adrien's arms and buried her face into his neck.

Both men were dumbfounded by what she said, and Adrien tried to reason, to no avail.

"Annie? What do you mean? Master Fu is a good man."
"No, not him!" Marianne said, eyes filled with tears.

This confused them even more. What scared Marianne so much? Marianne took a deep breath and said:

"His turtle cursed Spotty Bane. He is evil."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And boom! The first chappy is done!
I hope you liked it! I will see you later!

Stay safe, kitties!

Ocean Fury