Chloe's Mistakes

Marianne never thought it would come to this. Her seemingly perfect family was in complete ruin, her parents in prison, her brothers scared out of their minds, and she, who's supposed to take control of things. All these things were going through her head as she waited in the rainy weather with Louis and Eva. Her father's friend, Chloe, is supposed to pick them up from the hospital, and take them to her place.

All three were silent, afraid that if they say a word, something else could be taken away from them. What can they say anyways? Hey, wanna sneak out to the police station to assault their parents with questions?

Now, they are going to that 'family friend' they once saw 10 years ago and that sends them Christmas gifts every year. All they know is that she is the daughter of the deceased mayor, André Borgueois, and currently competing for the position.

"Annie, the limo's here." Louis shook her shoulder and helped her up. All three mutely entered the limo, and stared into space as the limo drove off.

About 10 minutes later

There it is. Hotel Borgueois. Having been remodeled after the mayor's passing, the hotels' lavish exterior hid well the newly renovated modern interior.

Marianne gawked at the grand foyer, decorated in shades of grey, white and pink. A few traditional portraits hung here and there, but everything else was adorned with modern minimalism.

The guests here were of highest class, none traveling without an errand boy/girl, and a pair of sunglasses. Marianne felt incredibly out of place in here, her outfit feeling miniscule and tacky.

"Louis and Marianne Agreste? Eva Cesairé-Lahiffé?" A woman in a black suit and skirt, wearing high heels asked them, not lifting her gaze from her tablet. Her orange hair was neatly put up in a bun, her blue eyes hidden behind a pair of glasses.

"Yes?" Eva spoke, smiling brightly.
"Aunt Sabrina?" That seemed to snap the woman back to reality.
"Oh. Oh, my munchkins! I'm so sorry for not recognizing you! I've just been so busy!" She started to blurt out apologies, getting really flustered all of a sudden.

Ever since Chloe gave birth to her second child, Sabrina has been there for her; aiding in rescuing Mayor Borgueois's crumbling hotel. Turns out that he was involved in a lot of shady things, which his daughter had to deal with for the next 10 years.

"Wow! Aunt Sabrina, it's ok! Can you just lead us to Aunt Chloe?" Louis, however, didn't have time for nonsense, he wanted back home, he wanted this done. She flashed him a smile, stress lines appearing around her eyes. Louis just rolled his eyes at her, earning him a glare from Eva.

"Right. Come with me." She was soon back to her buisness exterior as she led them to the hallway to the right, equally as decorated as the foyer.

"I wonder if aunt Chloe ever changed." Eva exclaimed.
"What do you mean?" Marianne asked with an absent mind.
"Well, ever since we've known her, he stayed the same. She didn't change her clothes, make-up, hair, not even her sunglasses! I find that odd."
Marianne just shrugged, dhe never thought it deserved much thought. Chloe Borgueois is a buisness woman, and a good one that. She had the gut her incompetent father lacked, and made many great investments that were mostly successful. She doubts Chloe had time to think about what she wears that much.

"Ok, kids. Aunt Chloe is a bit bruised and out of place right now, so be careful with what you say, ok?" Sabrina looked at them with a semi-serious look, glancing at the door they stood in front of as she spoke.

"No problem!"
"Sure."
"Fine."
Sabrina smiled and knocked on the door. After a loud 'come in'came from the other side of the door, she opened the door and walked in, straight to Chloe's desk on the far side of the massive office. The kids on the other hand stopped dead in their tracks when they saw Chloe.