The Weakness of One, Strength of a Few

"Sabrina, get her a bedroom! I can't have her crying all over my expensive rug!" Chloe screeched at Sabrina, and turned her swivel chair away from Marianne.

Marianne, meanwhile, switched between shallow and deep breaths, trying to recover from the painful vision. Or was it memory? No, it was most likely a vision. To her, everything else happened in a haze. Being lifted by someone, carried to a strange room, placed in an unfamiliar bed, and passing out.

Chloe, on the other hand decided to make a phone call.
"Hello? AirFrance?"
"Mrs. Bourgeois! A pleasure to speak to you, madam! What can we do for you?"
"I would like to reserve 2 plane tickets for Los Angeles, California. And make sure Uber is waiting for them at the airport to take them to daddy's mansion."
"Them, madam?"
"Right, I almost forgot. You will be transporting Louis Agreste and Eva Lahiffe. Oh, and make sure they fly first class and have return tickets for the 24th."
"Is that all for now?"
"Yes, put the bill on my account."
"Will do, madam. Thank you for calling AirFrance!"
"Yeah, good bye!"

It was the 10th today, which means Louis and Eva will be gone for 2 weeks. Why exactly is Chloe doing this? What could she possibly want with that? So many questions, too little answers.

In prison

" Well then, kids. You better have a damn good explanation for what just happened. You know I hate misusing my power." Roger looked at Marinette, Adrien, Nino and Alya with a stern look, the light from his desk lamp illuminating his badge and glasses. Adrien sent him a friendly grin, while Mari twiddled her fingers. Alya groaned, aching to get home.

"A  Serpentine soldier has reappeared. The thing is, it is someone we know, and care deeply about. We needed to create a distraction so the citizens or our elder children get entertained, while keeping the truth away from harmful hands. No one must know any of this happened." Nino replied with a cool, calm tone, totally uncharacteristic of him. Alya took his hand in hers with a smile, knowing that Nino is taking his new role of kwami Guardian very seriously.

"Very well. What's your evidence that this is so dangerous? I can't sweep this under the rug without concrete evidence." Roger continued, as if not really registering what Nino just said. Adrien sighed, and stepped forward.

"Roger, remember that night 15 years ago, when the Kwami Hunter died?"

15 years ago, at the Serpentine mansion ruins

"Help! Someone help!" A voice called from the ruins, strained and dry. Chloe and Alya heard the shouting, so they rushed towards the rubble, and started digging. The voice grew closer, until finally, an arm surfaced out of the sea of rubble. Both girls struggled to lift the heavy man out of the rubble, but eventually lifted Roger into safety.

"Oh thank you! Thank you girls!" Roger smiled at them gratefully, just happy to be alive.

"No problem, officer! Just wait a second, I'll call your daughter to pick you up." Alya replied as she went searching for her phone. Meanwhile, Chloe didn't budge, and kept her gaze focused  in one direction. Roger followed her gaze, until he spotted something disturbing.

This giant snake tattoo thing, shaking violently and cracking into pieces on Adrien's skin.

back to present day

"Of course I do, it's not a sight to forget." Roger replied grumpily. Adrien looked at him with a stern look, vaguely reminding Roger of his father's serious posture. He extended his arm, and there it was, on his hand. A vague line, and yet so clear, moving ever so slightly. The disgusting creature looked up at Roger with a nasty grin and a wink.