Los Angeles 3

Yeah, I know this whole Los Angeles subplot might seem unnecessary at the moment, but in the end it will all melt into one glorious mistake, I promise!

Welp, all I can say now is enjoy the story, I sure did enjoy writing it.

###########################################################################

Not a word was spoken during dinner meal between Louis and Eva, not even a glance or a sign that they knew the other was there. After the moment they had in the bathroom, neither knew what to do or what to think about it, it all seemed so... Unreal to them. Before that moment in the bathroom, they could rarely even bare to share a common space, let alone act like that. That is partly due to them having tensions since early childhood, and partly due to Louis himself.

A good three years ago, when he was fourteen and she was fifteen, Louis started to develop feelings for his life-long rival, feelings neither wanted to even consider seriously. Oh, Eva was well aware of his feelings since the very beginning, she is the one who pointed them out to him after all. He tried to ignore her constant taunting, her flirtatious remarks and suggestive stares. He knew nothing she did was out of affection, but only for her entertainment. Sometimes he would catch himself thinking about accepting it all, about admitting defeat and confessing just so she could get off his case, but he would mentally slap himself afterwards; no way is he going to back down, no way will he let himself be beaten by her! With her persistence and his stubbornness, something was bound to happen, and something truly did.

About a year ago, with him now being sixteen and her seventeen, a strange relationship had developed in between them; one of mutual dependence. Not a day could go by where she wouldn't tease him in one way or another, and not a day would go by where he wouldn't respond angrily to her attempts. It became sort of a comfort zone for the both of them, whatever bad or unexpected happened in their day, that strange relation was a constant that kept them moving. Then one day, she stopped. Louis might have felt relief at first, but as the days passed, he found himself worrying about her. A week passed, then a month, Louis' worry grew. Once he couldn't hold back anymore, he went to search for her. Now both wish he didn't.

"Monsieur Louis, Mademoiselle Eva. Are you done with your meal?" An old maid with a white old-fashioned servant hat covering her hair walked up to the table, her plastic smile giving Louis an unnerving feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"Y-yes, thank you for the meal." Eva whispered and stood up, still not turning to look at Louis.

" And you, Monsieur? Do you wish to eat anything else?" The maid spoke, but Louis didn't reply, just stared at his plate. He glanced up at Eva.

"I'll be in my room if anyone needs me." She knew Louis was looking at her and bit her lip slightly, but still refused to make any contact. As she walked away from the table, she thought about what happened after Louis left the bathroom.

*earlier that day*

She stumbled back in shock as her reflection spoke, her eyes wide in fear as the reflection craned her head slightly at her, its face staying calm.

"W-what?" Eva stuttered.

"I said," The reflection sighed."we know what to do now."

"W-what is that?" her legs were shaking, eyes wide in disbelief as her reflection rolled their eyes and gave her an annoyed stare. 'This isn't possible, it just isn't! Am I that tired?' Eva asked herself, then looked back at her reflection. As if the Eva in the mirror knew what she was thinking, she rolled her eyes and muttered:

"I'm as real as they get; now let's talk before you run away with your tail between your legs."

"E-excuse m-"