The Servant's Student.

For some reason, wattpad didn't notify anyone that the chapter before this one came out, so if you don't know, a chapter named Los Angeles 2 came before this one, so be sure to read it!

As for this one, I hope you'll enjoy!

################################

2 days have passed since Eva and Louis went to the US to run some 'errands' for Chloe, as well as grandpa Tom taking Hugo to visit relatives in Brest, and truth to be told, Marianne was feeling a bit lonely.
The training she did with Chloe was intense, and especially since she had to do it 'with style', as Master Chloe put it. Dresses just made everything harder, from her physical exercises to her etiquette lectures, and she didn't even want to think of the nightmare known as high-heels.

"Come on, Marianne, you can't expect to be able to control him if you can't handle the work that comes with it! We need to build up some stamina!" Chloe yelled from her plush sofa as she watched Marianne do crunches. Sweat was covering every inch of her body and most of the floor beneath her. She had already complained about this, but Chloe just waved it off and said that she should get used to being sweaty in a dress.

"OK, stop! Enough exercise for today!"
Marianne sighed in relief, she could finally take a breath! As she picked up her stuff and headed off to the bathroom to freshen up, like she usually does, Chloe said something unusual this time:
"Oh, and don't go to your room after you finish with the shower. I want you back here in your spare dress."
"Yes, Master. But why? Didn't I do good?"
"Ugh, just do as I say! I kept you in for a reason, now hurry it up!" She snapped at the young teen, irritated by the very fact she wanted her to repeat herself.

Marianne just nodded and scurried off, not willing to pick a fight woth the easily agitated woman. It turns out her new Master has quite a temper, but Marianne's sure that's just because of the hotel. It is the best hotel in Paris after all! It must be stressful leading it all on your own.
As she walked down one of the grand hallways in this massive place, she couldn't help but think about her parents again. They are still in jail for reasons unknown to her, and who knows how long they'll stay in there. All this just made her even more lonely and unwilling to train further, what's the point? However, if she could survive 10 years without them, maybe she could survive a few days more. It really shouldn't be a problem, or so she thought.

In Versailles

(Note: Versailles is not just a castle, but a town separated from Paris as well. It's a beautiful town!)

Marinette slammed her face against the desk for what seemed like the millionth time today. Going through painful memories is quite a challenge by itself, but when you add danger an an arch enemy to it, the task becomes even more demanding. The same night they were arrested, they were transferred to Versailles while Roger sweeped through Paris with his troops, in search of more lizard men.

"Argh!!! This is pointless! How should we know where the Serpent man came from?!" Alya threw her hands up in the air, catching her nervous husbad's look with a glare.
"Alya, babe-"
"Don't 'Alya babe' me, Nino! I want home, I want my daughters with me, and I don't want HIM to endanger anyone in my family ever again!"
"Calm down, Alya! We are the only ones that might know something because actually we fought those things 15 years ago, now keep quiet!" Marinette snapped at her best friend, almost growled even! Alya, taken by surprise, sat down with her mouth closed shut. She was so focused on her own anger and discomfort that she didn't even think it through, Marinette must be having a hard time as well, if not even worse. After all, it's her child that is cursed here, and in danger of becoming the newest victim of a truly disgusting beast. Poor Marinette, who knew that being Ladybug would bring all this together with it?