She is back

*10 years later*

Marinette was in her kitchen, trying to wake up whilst drinking coffee. It was a standard morning for her. Drinking coffee at 5 a.m., then patrol with her husband, then taking the boys to school, and finally, work. But, something was different today. Marinette smiled, excited for what was going to happen today.

A yawn from behind her snapped her out of her thoughts.
"Morning, bugaboo." Adrien greeted her while stretching.
"Morning, kitty. Had a good nap?"
"Why of course, m'lady. Everything is purrfect when I'm with you."
Marinette just rolled her eyes in reply.
"14 years and still going on with the cat puns."
"Why end something that's so cattastic, m'lady?" Adrien laughed quietly. Marinette stood up, and put her mug in the sink.

"Let's go kitty, we need to make sure the city is safe once more."
"Actually, its too bad Hawkmoth is gone. I really miss fighting akumas."

" Of course you do. Anything trouble related is your invite to the party." Adrien smirked in reply, and casually walked outside. Marinette followed, and transformed on the way. Adrien raised an eyebrow at that.
"New trick?"

"Nope, just never thought of showing it to you. Come on kitty, I won't dance every time I have to transform." Adrien just smiled at her, and when she turned her back, he silently cursed at Plagg.
"Kid, its not my job to discover your abilities, its yours."
"Still, you could have told me!"
"Hehe, where's the fun in that?"
"I hate you."
"Awww I love you too!"

"Adrien, do you two need a room?" Ladybug looked at them with a raised eyebrow.
"No, we are done here." Adrien replied with a glare aimed at Plagg.
"Plagg, claws out!"

The two heroes jumped from rooftop to rooftop, happy and content. This is what they love to do, this is what they know best.

They landed on top of the Notre Dame, the panoramic view almost looking like a painting. They smiled at each other, the soothing early morning glow reflecting in their eyes.
"I can't wait, Mari."
"I can't wait either, kitty. I really miss her." Ladybug looked down at the city.
"Let's go check the situation around Louvre, Versailles, and our old school. Then you drive the boys to school, while I go to my dad and get the food ready. Alya is in charge for the decor, and Nino for the music. Got it?"
"Aye-aye, captain!" Chat said while saluting like a sailor. Ladybug giggled.
"Silly kitty. Let's go already." She pecked his lips and headed to the Louvre. Chat chuckled and jumped after her, but still scouted around in case there is a crime going on.

To their luck, no crime was going on in the area. Just a regular, fast-paced day.
(Oh, but my dear kitties already know I wouldn't waste time on describing a boring thing like that, now would I?)

Some time later

"Ok, Chat, you remember the plan?"
"Yup!"
"Good kitty. See you later!" Ladybug waved at him.
"See you later, bugaboo." Chat whispered to her like they were two toddlers sharing a secret. She just rolled her eyes and pushed him away.
"Go already, Chat. Don't mess up."
"Fine, fine. Don't get your spots in a twist." Chat muttered while jumping off to their home.

Ladybug sighed and jumped down, landing in a small alley not far from the bakery.
"Tikki, spots off!"
But, as soon as they detransformed, a feeling of dread took over their bodies. That sick, heavy feeling they haven't felt in a long time.
"Tikki..."
"I know...I feel it too..."
Marinette looked around, trying to find the source of the heavy feeling. On one hand, she hoped she wouldn't find it. On the other, she needed to stop the feeling. She didn't find anything interesting. A few crushed cans and some old newspaper.

She sighed, and looked around, to see that Tikki was gone. A slight sense of panic took over her. The last time she lost Tikki, she almost turned into an anti-kwami. Luckily, Tikki was back before you know it. But, she came back holding something Marinette would hoped to see only in a zoo.