Los Angeles 2

The evened pace of footsteps echoed through the sun-bathed mansion above the gorgeous city of L.A.. However, that pace was filled with anger rather than joy. Louis was livid. In the matter of 2 days, they were forcibly separated from their families, packed and sent to America. And now he is asked to kill someone just to free a "magical blade"?! Screw that!

After some 30 minutes, they were let out of the rooms they were locked in, but Eva didn't exit the room, the door opened wide as she slept on the plush bed. Louis spared her a single glance as he stomped his way back to the foyer, searching for the first butler he could find.

The first one he stumbled upon was standing on the end of the hallway, in a weird-statue like state. The man had a shaved head, and an earring in his earlobe. His eyes were a strange wallnut colour with black specs all over. However, Louis didn't care, he wanted out of here.

"Hey! You!" The butler turned to him in a calmed state.
"Yes, monsieur Agreste? Is there an issue?"
"Yes!!! I want to know what's the meaning behind this!" Louis angirly demanded as he pulled out the blade, the butler's gaze quickly landing on the object.

"A gift from madame Bourgeois, of course! A magnificent blade, passed onto her from her late friend. Poor fella! Anyways, feel honoured that you get to own such a precious item, young master! A lot of boys would pay a great sum for a toy like that!"
The words were so painfully forced out of the butler's mouth that Louis winced a couple of times through the speech. He definetly had those words burned into his mind, which just raised even more suspicion in Louis' head.

"Why are we here?" Louis slowly lowered the blade, his temper calming  slightly, though not down completely.
"Why, you are on a vacation of course!  Things at your households are quite hectic, so your families sent you off to the lovely city of L.A., so you don't have to stress about them. Don't worry about anything." The butler smiled a wide smile as he placed his big hands on Louis' shoulders.

"Consider it a vacation, young sir. I recommend it." He slowly pushed him back, towards the room.
"Your dinner will be served at 9 o'clock. Please don't be late." And turned around like their entire conversation just didn't happen.

"Wait! I'm not done!" Louis reached after him, but the butler just shot him a cold look and replied:
"But I am, Mr.Agreste. Good evening." And walked off without a single word more.

Louis just stood there, every second of that interaction raising even more suspicion within him. He looked at the blade, his distorted reflection confirming his suspicions. No matter how angry he was until their conversation, it all vanished. All the anger and rage, everything he felt, like a dementor came and sucked out that instead of his happiness. He felt it the moment the butler's voice changed its tone.

He tried to remember the memories that hurt him the most or the ones that would bring any emotion at all, but just as he suspected, he felt nothing. The butler must have used some kind of drug on him to calm him down, to keep suspicions low. That's it. His feet slowly started moving towards his bedroom, sinking into the plush carpet as they went. He didn't know what else to do. Maybe if he lied down and slept a little, maybe then he could get back to extracting answers from the staff, but not letting them touch him next time.

But then, he heard a sound. Running water, splashing against a sink. And his feet turned towards the sound and continued their steady pace. Through the bedroom door, but not his own, and to the door of a bathroom they led. He had no idea why he did this, he was sure he would be able to avoid her during this entire ordeal, but something told him not to. Something told him he still needed her. His forest green eyes looked up and in the reflection of a mirror, and made contact with a pair of dark brown ones.