Chapter 14

"Elijah, what are you doing?" 

Mila chuckled. When they entered his apartment, Elijah covered her eyes with his hands and led her inside. Sometimes he could be so sweet, it made Mila's heart swell. He led her to the huge piano in the middle of the room. After removing his hands, Mila saw that there was an envelope placed on it. She lifted an eyebrow and shot him a confused glance.

"Open it." 

He grinned while he waited. Mila carefully opened it and pulled two concert tickets out. Her eyes widened when she saw the name of the band playing. She started to jump up and down in excitement.

"You bought tickets for Imagine Dragons! I thought they were sold out!" 

She fell into his arms and hugged him tightly, a wide smile plastered on her face, not believing that he really did that for her. 

"You once told me that you tried to get tickets but the were already sold out...let's just say I have my contacts." 

Mila thanked him another hundred times before she rushed off into her bedroom to find something to wear. Elijah watched her joy with delight, sometimes she still surprised him with her cheerful manner. She was his light in the darkness and with every day he spent with her, he felt himself lighten up, too. He more and more forgot about the person he used to be. Never had he met a person that brought so much good in his life. 

Elijah smiled when Mila came back, ready to go out. He pulled her close and kissed her full red lips while she laughed and complained about ruining her make up. They were beyond happy when they went out of Elijah's home, heading to the concert.

...

Niklaus followed after his brother and the girl he held in his arms. The sun shone brightly as they came nearer to the stadium where the concert would take place. Elijah's arm was wrapped around her waist, he looked at her while he talked to her smiling. He looked happy, joyful to be precise. Klaus hadn't seen him like that often. The hybrid smiled, when he stopped to gently kiss her. He hadn't seen her face yet, but her long brunette hair and her exquisite shape hinted for a true beauty. 

He came here to check on his brother, which he did every some months. It was good to see him like that, he seemed to finally have found his redemption. Of course it still bothered Klaus that he knew that Elijah would never come looking for him as he forgot that he ever loved his family. It had cost him a lot of strength to take that fact in, but deep inside him Klaus knew that it was the right decision for Elijah. 

After they continued to walk, the girl seemed to be tensed, she seemed to noticed that they were being watched. But when he looked over her shoulder to glance behind her, Klaus' word moved in slow motion for a second. 

It was her. Mila Labonair, the girl he hunted for months now. Why had it exactly to be her that Elijah fancied? The girl he was supposed to kidnap in order to free his family from the Hallow. After he killed her parents and blew up their house, he had lost of track of her. The last time he had seen her was at the funeral but an urgent call had kept him from taking her. 

Klaus would have to destroy is brother's happiness, his redemption, but Klaus was ready to do it, even if it was the most selfish thing he ever did. The hybrid sighed and stood and let the couple fade out of sight. Not today. 

...

They danced through the whole night and just enjoyed a short time without any supernatural drama. Pretending to be a normal couple felt good for Mila, it helped her not loosing her connection to her humanity, sometimes she felt so lost and out of place. But her affection for Elijah, her feelings for him let her stay rooted. That it was worth fighting for love and her life.