Chapter 2: He doesn't know

Lila sat alone in her English class. Damn I was really hoping to see my best-

"Sorry we're late Mr. Perkins."

Finally, my two best friends Calla Merin (her name is pronounced 'Cal-La' not 'Kay-la'.)

and Beatrice Hade (but we call her bee since she hates her name).

"Why are you late? Are either of you two new?"

"Nope." Bee said Smiling mischievously.

"We'll take a seat now." Calla said, cutting off what Mr. Perkins was about to say and dragging Bee to where Lila was sitting.

"Thank the heavens I thought I was going to be alone in this class." Lila said to them as they sat down.

"Alright my loves, schedule check." Calla said.

Bee and Lila handed their schedules to Calla.

"So how was your summer bee? How was New York?"

"It was amazing!" she sighed.

"You don't plan on moving there this year do you? Because if so, Calla and I might have to fight your parents."

"That'd be interesting to see, my two best friends-who don't know how to fight-getting into a fight with my parents."

Calla stopped figuring out their schedules, "Hey! I may not know much but at least I know how to throw a punch. Unlike someone else..."

Lila glared at her two friends. "You both suck."

"No, You do especially in a fight." Bee laughed.

Lila rolled her eyes and laughed.

"I assume you spent your summer watching tv shows and practicing your dancing." Bee said.

"Yes, yes I did. And I read books. Oh, Calla and I hung out a few times too."

Calla set down the schedules she was holding, "Alright my loves, I've reached a verdict."

"Which is?" Lila asked

"Well..." She paused making it even more dramatic.

"Well What??" Bee said.

"We all have 5 classes together, six if you count lunch."

"Holy shit"

"That's not even possible"

"Well it is. We got lucky this year"

Last year they weren't as lucky, they only had two classes together.

"Excuse me, would you girls like to share what you are talking about to the rest of the class". Mr. Perkins said, crossing his arms.

"Yes, we were talking about how stupid, your tie looks, since it's on backwards."

The whole class snickered at what bee said. And poor old Mr. Perkins turned pink, he looked beyond mad.

"Watch yourself Beatrice."

Bee glared at him.

"I've heard a lot about you from teachers. Class for today, get to know everyone, tomorrow we will start to work, so prepare yourselves." He went and sat at his desk typing away on his laptop.

Lila wondered if teachers had a group chat and if they sent each other messages on there when they are not teaching. She could just imagine it.

S.perkins: Janice you won't believe what this hooligan just said to me!