Chapter 10: Detention with the Schools worst singer

For the song provided above it will make more sense if you play it when I mention it. But it's up to you if you wish to play it first then read. If the video doesn't work the song is called "are you gonna be my girl" by Jet.

Today has been shitty. Lila thought. First I get detention. Then at lunch they ran out of chicken sandwiches leaving me not to eat lunch. Then I have a load of homework from my government class.
But on the bright side my aunt and uncle are home and they can pick up my siblings, I mean we practically live at their house.

Lila sat in the physics class waiting.
Mr. Jones is also waiting for Nathan to show up.
Ha! Good luck with that. Nathan hardly ever shows up to detention. Lila thought.

The door swung open. "I have arrived, no need to continue pouting Mr. Jones." Nathan said with a smirk.

Well......

"Now that you both are here. Detention starts now." He said while looking at his watch.

"What!?" Lila exclaimed "But I've been here for 20 minutes! Doesn't that mean I have less time than him??" Lila asked

"No." He said bluntly. "Now if you'll excuse me I will head to the teachers lounge don't you even think about leaving." He said shutting the door behind him.

Lila slumped in her chair.

This is complete bullshit. I'm stuck here and worst of all I'm freaking hungry. Lila thought

"Why the glum face?"

Lila glared at him."I know you did not just ask me a stupid question."

"I didn't."

"One I'm in detention when I could be somewhere else an-" shit! Oh my god I completely forgot I had dance practice today after school God how can I be so stupid! Lila thought

Lila face palmed her forehead.

"And?" Nathan pressed. "Why the sad face?"

"You just asked that." Lila retorted

"No I said glum face."

"Glum is a synonym to sad."

"oH."

Lila put her head on her hands. "I was suppose to be somewhere today after school."

"Where?"

Lila looked up at him.

"If you don't mind me asking." He added

Lila hesitated. "It's nothing...."

"Looks like it's something important based on how your acting."

"Look it's non of your business and It's not that important." Lila said looking down at the table. She didn't want Nathan to know about her dancing. She didn't want anyone to know.