Chapter 3: Damn It! Just mind your buisness!

It's halfway through lunch and Jason still hasn't sat with them.

I shouldn't be overthinking about this. Lila thought.

"Stop over thinking Lila."

"Well, Bee what am I supposed to do?" I asked

"You relax and eat. He blew you off once. it's just once, things will totally be alright with you guys"

Bee turned to Calla "that's what you wanted me to say right" she staged whispered

"Calla!"

"What?! Oh come one Lila, you know I love you-"

"We both do" bee interjected

"Right, we both love you...but we know you can do better. I understand you've had a crush on him since middle school but you see how he is. How he has put you down-"

"He doesn't always put me down." Lila interrupted Calla.

"But when it comes to dance doesn't he? When it came to you coming out to him what did he say? That you being bisexual was 'just a phase'." Calla said, making air quotes on "just a phase" Calla continued. "Your own family didn't even say that to you Lila. What makes you think Jason is such a good guy when he says stupid shit like that."

Lila stayed quiet.

"Lila'' She looked at Bee. "I get it he's very dreamy but ever since freshman year he's been acting different and You Know It."

Before Lila could defend him, Bee cut her off.

"Don't defend him. Lila has he even called you to hang out at all this summer? Did he ever answer your invites when you wanted to hang out with him? And no babysitting his cousin doesn't count since he left when you showed up. Lila we're just looking out for you, we're just trying to get you to really see."

Lila nodded.

They are somewhat right. But it's different. He's different.

The bell rang and they all stood up.

"I'm going to talk to him." Lila said

Both Calla and Bee looked at each other and sighed.

"Fine."

"Whatever."

-

-

-

-

-

Lila made her way towards jase's locker and no surprise there...he's surrounded by a small crowd. Lila knew Jason was well known around the school yet it felt weird to her since he never talked to not one person in the crowd around him. Weaving her way into the crowd She finally got through.

"A-hem"

No answer.

He's too busy talking to Alice.

Nevertheless She tried Again.

"Jase."

No answer.

"Jase!" She said, her voice rising.

"Oh hey Lila." He finally acknowledged Lila's presence

"What's up?"

Clearly my expectations Lila thought to herself.

"Can I talk to you?" She looked at Alice. "Alone." She muttered.