Chapter 22: Girlfriend things

"So....why did you say no?" Calla asked

"Because it would just be drama! I don't want to be the talk of the school and have people be nosy about my dating life." Lila said, dropping herself onto the couch.

"But think about it, it can be fun tricking everyone, you'd be like those romantic books where they fake date and fall in love!" Calla said.

Lila scrunched her face. "Ugh no I don't want to fall in love. I just want to finish this last year and leave this place."

"See I told you she couldn't wait to get rid of us." Bee said as she tried catching a popcorn kernel with her mouth by herself.

Lila rolled her head towards bee. "Shut the fuck up. We are all stuck with each other, until the bitter end of our lives. So deal with me."

Bee threw a popcorn kernel at Lila to which she caught with her mouth.

"WOAAHH!!" Lila cheered

"What the fuck! How did you do that on the first try?"

Lila shrugged "I'm just talented like that."

"You wish."

"Ya'know," Calla said interrupting their playful banter. "if you fake date Nathan, it could get Jason off your back too. He might back off on trying to win you back-or whatever." Calla said as she flipped through her magazine.

"She's got a point Lila."

Lila rolled her eyes and turned her attention to the show playing on the tv.

****************

"Do you think this color makes my hands look weird?" Calla asked

Bee looked at Callas left hand. "No. But I'm not a fan of the neon green."

"Hm maybe I should have painted them orange."

"Lila why are you walking fast."

"I just want to go to a vending machine."

"We pasted one on the way in." Calla said.

"I want a different one."

The bell rung, signaling for kids to go to class.

"See ya Lila."

"Don't take too long finding a vending machine." Calla said.

Lila speed walked down the hall. Hoping he was still there.

Turning the corner she saw him reaching down the vending machine.

"Hey."

He turned around and nodded, "hey."

"Okay so I've been thinking about what you said and I take back my response. I'll do it, we can fa-"

"Sshhh." Nathan shushed her. "Not here not right now." He said waking down the hallway.

Lila looked at him in confusion. "What the-"

Nathan turned back. "Well? C'mon follow me."

"But class has started."

Nathan rolled his eyes, "so? You're already late."

Lila shrugged, "touchè"

The both of them walked out all the way to the football field.

"Why out here?" Lila asked.

"I didn't want anyone to hear us." Nathan said approaching a tree.