Chapter 23: The start of a fake relationship

"So....you actually agreed to it?"

"Yep."

"And now the two of you are dating but not really dating? Like in those romantic books?" Calla asked.

"Yep."

"Wow"

"Damn."

"So..what now?" Calla's asked.

Lila adjusted her phone on her dresser, "He's giving me a ride to school tomorrow and my aunt is taking the twins to school so I don't have to worry about taking them myself." She said while looking at them through her phone screen.

"Well be prepared for all the talk around the school." Bee said.

"Yeah i know, i just hope this only goes on for like a couple of weeks and then we call it quits and then i can go back to living my normal." Lila said, looking into the phone camera.

The three girls spent two hours talking through facetime.

"Wear something cute tomorrow!" Calls said as she applied a face mask.

"Calla, Nathan and I are fake dating but I am not going to change myself." Lila said.

"I'm just still surprised you even agreed to this, you told me how much you hated Nathan. Especially in like middle school is when you told me that you two would always like have some rivalry, like that time you said he spilled milk on your bag at lunch in middle school." Bee said.

"Yeah he's was an ass—a jerk at times— but I don't know....I guess I tolerate him now, especially since he hasn't told anyone about my dancing."

"HUH?!" said Calla who was distractingly applying a face mask moved closer to her phone camera and had accidentally smeared the face mask onto her hair

"He what?!"  said Bee who was in the middle of stretching her arm, abruptly leaned closer to the phone camera.

"....did I not tell you guys?" Lila asked

"Bitch no!"

"When was this?!" Carla said

"The day we went to see avengers endgame, I had completely forgot about it until now—when Bee mentioned that I hated him."

"What the hell? The girl who's terrified of any living being to see her dance, just so happened to forget that someone—no, not just someone—Nathan Peaters, saw her dance?" Bee said

"Am I hearing this correctly?" Calla said, adjusting her earphones.

"I was distracted okay! The movie took a huge toll on me and I forgot!" Lila sighed, "But honestly, it felt....normal"

Shaking her head, Lila continued "Its like he didn't  see my secret as big deal, he said I shouldn't hide just because Jason put me down. Don't ask me why but it felt....good I guess?"

Through the phone camera, Bee and Calla shared a look.

"Well alrighty then." Calla said, going back to her face mask.

Bee shook her head, "This is gonna be one hell of a ride." Leaning away from the phone she said, "Alright Im gonna go to bed, I'll see you tomorrow."