Chapter 4: The audacity

Lila heard her alarm go off once again, after pressing snooze five times......She hauled herself out of bed and looks at the clock.

7:45 am

HOLY CRAP!! WE'RE LATE!

She quickly brushed her teeth, got dressed in a simple gray t-shirt along with some light jean shorts and put on some sneakers. Usually Lila has time for her makeup and choosing an outfit but today is not the day.

She ran out of her room and burst into her brother's room.

"GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! WAKE UP WE'RE LATE!"

"What?"

"Huh?"

"COME ON LET'S GO!!!! We are late! Put your uniform on! And brush your teeth!"

"Ugh okay"

"Alright"

She rushed back to her room to grab her backpack and phone. Racing down the hallway to the kitchen, She sees that everything is untouched. Just the way She left it last night.

Ugh Mom must still be at the hospital working. Again.

She quickly prepared some cereal in a cup for the boys and rushed to her car.

Honking the horn to hurry up her brothers Lila makes sure she has everything.

But I'm missing something. What am I missing?....Ugh screw it. I'm late.

Lila ran back into the house, "BOYS LETS GOOOO!!! Get your little asses in my car now!" Lila yelled

"We're waiting for you?!"

Lila whipped her head around so fast She got whiplash. Danny is at the front door while Max is getting in the car.

"oH.....I know that... I was just saying..."

"Uh huhh.." Danny looked at me arching one of his eyebrows.

"Come on let's go." she said it said while shutting the door and locking it.

Speeding down the streets Lila made it with 5 minutes to spare. Her brothers wouldn't be late.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Danny yelled

"THAT WAS AWESOME! YOU WERE LIKE BRIAN FROM FAST AND FURIOUS!" Max yelled.

"Brian? Psh pah-lease. I was more like Dom." Lila said fist bumping him.

"You guys are out of your minds. We could have been hurt!"

"Danny boy, have a little faith in me." Lila said. "I obviously took the shortcut between alley ways so I could speed a little.

"I will have faith once you drive safely."

"I do! Now get out and go."

"Bye Lila" they said simultaneously.

8:02 am

Lila had eight minutes to get to school.

******

Lila arrived at school late. Since she couldn't find parking spots nearby she had to park farther than usual, making her five minutes late to class.

Wait a minute. If I'm late, I might as well take my time and grab breakfast. She thought to herself.

She turned around and walked back towards her car.