Chapter 4 - Hana

**SPOILER ALERT** 

This chapter contains spoilers for one of my other stories, "Luna Hana." 

Needless to say, dinner didn't go as planned. I continued to cry like the weak she-wolf I was, and Dean continued to stare at me. He truly didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to react to me, how to comfort me, how to talk to me...but I couldn't blame him. I was terrified to let him near me. I was a whirlwind of ever-changing emotions.

The truth of the matter was, none of this was even really his fault.

It was me. I was the problem.

We didn't speak the rest of the night. I finally stopped crying as I sat at the dining room table across from Dean. He ate his food quickly and quietly, but I couldn't even touch mine. When he finished, he looked over at me as if he wanted to tell me to eat, but he didn't speak a word. He simply stood from the table and retreated to the bedroom.

Once he was out of the room, I stood from the table and proceeded to put away the leftovers. Perhaps tomorrow I'd have more of an appetite and I could eat some for lunch. I then cleaned the kitchen and put the dishes in the dishwasher, wasting as much time as possible so that maybe Dean would already be asleep by the time I got to bed.

I never had good luck.

I quietly tip-toed into the bedroom, only to see Dean sitting up in bed on his laptop. He was wearing only his boxers, allowing me full view of his sculpted chest and arms. He was a gorgeous creature. Beautiful, but deadly. My wolf licked her lips, loving the sight of her exposed mate. I blushed at the provocative thoughts she was having and lightly scolded her. She would never see Dean in the same light as me.

I kept my head down, staring at my feet as I scurried into the bathroom to get ready for bed. Unfortunately, that's not all too long of a process for me, so I had to return to the bedroom only a couple of minutes later.

Dean was still focused on his laptop, but he did glance over at me as I sat on the edge of the bed, preparing myself to scoot under the covers.

"We have some visitors coming in the morning," he said softly, turning his attention back to his laptop.

Visitors? From another pack? Dark Root rarely had relations with the other packs. Besides that, why were these visitors relevant to me? I nodded slowly, not sure how to respond to the information.

"You're going to meet someone I think you'll really like. She's a Luna from another pack," Dean informed me, failing to elaborate any further.

Me? I was going to meet someone? A Luna of all people? Although Dean just said I'd like her, I now found myself feeling incredibly nervous. Why did I have to meet her? I wasn't ready to be a Luna yet. I'd surely embarrass myself and this pack.

I didn't even realize I'd began trembling and rocking myself back and forth ever so slightly until Dean reached out and gently placed his hand on my bare shoulder. The sparks from our mate bond erupted on my skin, calming me a bit, but I still couldn't help but flinch away.

"Tell me what's wrong now," Dean requested, his voice stern but still soft.

"I-I...Why am I meeting a Luna? I'll only make a fool of myself and this pack. I'm not Luna material...not yet," I explained as best as I could.

Dean let out a long sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose, "All of that is beside the point, Audrey. They're not coming to visit for pack business. I just thought it'd be nice for you to meet another female. Perhaps you two could become friends."