Chapter 26 - Tomorrow's Adventure

The next morning, I was surprised to find that Dean and I had awoken around the same time. It was early, but fully daylight. It was time to start a new day as the Alpha and Luna of the Dark Root pack.

Despite knowing Dean had many duties to attend to, I couldn't get Trey out of my mind. I simply had to believe that my brother was a good man. Surely he wouldn't have reached out to us again so soon if he didn't truly care about having a relationship with me. I was his sister, after all, and we'd only just discovered our relation.

Silas, on the other hand, I was much less concerned with getting to know. Although I did believe that he wanted what was best for me as his daughter, I could tell he didn't truly care about me. To him, this was all about blood, lineage, and legacies.

"Audrey, it's much too early to be so deep in thought," Dean grumbled at me as he rummaged through the closet to pick out his clothes for the day. It was only then that I realized I was still sitting on the bed, simply staring across the room at a wall.

I blushed and shook my head lightly, "You're right," I murmured before throwing my legs over the edge of the bed and heading for the bathroom.

"About Trey's phone call, I assume?" Dean asked from the bedroom as the two of us continued on with our morning routines.

I nodded as I brushed my teeth at the bathroom sink, but quickly realized Dean couldn't see me through the wall that separated us. I paused for a moment to spit, before responding.

"Yes. I...I just don't feel like he'd be trying this hard if he didn't truly care," I said quickly before shoving my toothbrush back in my mouth.

I heard Dean sigh heavily, followed by a rather long moment of silence. I finished up brushing my teeth before quickly washing my face and then starting on my makeup.

"Finish getting cleaned up and you can call him while breakfast is being made for you," Dean told me before exiting the bedroom, likely to find Helen and have her start preparing me something to eat. I knew there was no way he'd allow me to skip any meals now that I was pregnant.

My heart fluttered a bit at Dean's words – he was going to let me speak with Trey again! Perhaps there was a chance for a relationship with my brother after all! Holding onto that thought, I sped up my morning routine. Seeing as I didn't have anything special planned for the day, a simple makeup look should work fine. That, paired with freshly brushed hair and a nice outfit should do be fine for the day.

After I was satisfied with my hair and makeup, I settled for a pair of black skinny-jeans that I'd found at the back of the closet with a pair of black flats and a baby-blue blouse that was just long enough to cover the pockets on my pants.

Once I felt I looked presentable, I headed straight for the kitchen to find sitting at the dining room table with a cup of coffee, and Helen in front of the stove, flipping what appeared to be an omelet.

"Good morning, Luna!" Helen called cheerfully without even turning to look at me.

"Good morning, Helen," I replied sweetly before joining Dean at the table.

Dean looked across the table at me as I took my seat, a mixture of emotions swirling through his multi-colored eyes, "You may talk to Trey freely, but please do not make any promises or decisions without consulting with me first."

Dean slid his cellphone across the table towards me, watching carefully as I picked it up.

"His number is the last call I received," he added, allowing me to find the correct number easily.

With a deep breath, I tapped the phone number on the screen and put the phone to my ear, listening intently as it began to ring.

While I waited, Helen brought two plates to the table, setting one in front of each of us. I paid no attention to it for the moment. I had business to take care of first.