Chapter 27 - Tropic Sun

~~IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT END!!~~

The next morning, I awoke to Dean gently shaking my shoulder, urging me to get up. We were leaving for Tropic Sun today, and he'd apparently booked us an early flight out.

Slowly and groggily, I slid out of bed and headed for the shower, listening to Dean make promises about having breakfast brought up while I was getting ready and packing. Although breakfast sounded delightful, after yesterday's food-related mishap, I wasn't sure if eating was such a good idea...especially since I was going to be getting on a plane for the first time immediately after.

Paying close attention to the clock, I showered, did my hair and makeup, and then got dressed before gathering clothing and toiletries and placing them in the suitcase that Dean had laid out for me. He hadn't mentioned exactly how long we would be gone, so I figured it may be better to have more clothes rather than not enough.

Once I was satisfied with my packing, I zipped up and suitcase and attempted to lift it off the bed, only to find that it was much heavier than I anticipated. Instead, my feeble attempt caused the large bag to slide off the bed and crash onto the floor.

Dean was in the bedroom within seconds, examining me and my surroundings from the doorway to make sure everything was okay. His eyes soon fell on the suitcase, and he chuckled deeply before walking over and picking it up off the floor.

"You need to be more careful. You shouldn't even be trying to lift anything heavy while you're pregnant," he lightly scolded before turning around to carry the suitcase out of the bedroom and towards the front door.

Upon entering our living room and kitchen area, I saw that Dean had kept his word about having breakfast brought up. My stomach gurgled a bit, but I couldn't tell if it was from hunger or unease.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea...after yesterday, and all," I told Dean, staring at the food rather pitifully.

"You're eating," he stated, leaving no room for argument. "You need the nutrients, and now you're growing our pup as well. Getting you to eat regularly is now much more important than it already was."

Dean walked around the kitchen island and grabbed a paper bag that had been sitting on the far corner. He opened it up and dumped out a small bottle before opening the bottle and pulling out two small pills.

"Take these," he said, setting them next to my breakfast plate. "They're for nausea and motion sickness. I had the infirmary provide you with enough for our trip."

I sighed and nodded, walking towards the counter to grab the pills. I then tossed them to the back of my throat before grabbing a glass of water, and swallowing. As I took a few more sips of water and then sat down to attempt to eat breakfast, Dean carried the bottle of pills over to where my suitcase was placed and shoved them into one of the zipper pouches.

I ate my breakfast as quickly as I could without upsetting my stomach further. Dean still hadn't exactly told me what kind of schedule we were on this morning, and I didn't want to be the cause of any hold-ups. The fruit and yogurt went down rather easy, but the eggs and sausage on my plate were a bit heavier and harder to stomach.

Regardless, I ate most of both of them. All that remained on my plate was a couple pieces of toast that I knew I simply had no room left for. I looked over at Dean, and he nodded approvingly. Apparently, the amount I had eaten was satisfactory to him.

"If you're ready, we should go ahead and get to the car downstairs. We have a short drive to the air strip, and then the flight itself will likely be at least five hours," Dean explained to me as he walked to our front door. When he opened the door, two Omegas were waiting outside to carry down our bags.