Lilac

After all of the night before's mess had been cleaned up, Adam and Ross decided to go home. Matty and George were in the kitchen talking while I sat in the living room on my phone. There was nothing exciting on it, I had no social media in fear of my father finding me. Even if he didn't have it himself, I didn't want to take that risk.

There was no real reason for me to have a phone, really. I don't go on any social media, which seems to be most of the internet, and I don't have any friends to talk to, so there really isn't much point. It's just nice to have, I guess.

I sat on the floor playing candy crush, despite the couch being available to sit on. I didn't know that the game was now only played by elder people and seemingly 'uncool' parents. If I had social media, I would have known that the app was so outdated.

"Hey Hayley, we're going to go get food, you wanna come?" George asked as he walked into the room.

I stood from the floor and stuffed my phone into my pocket, stretching my arms above my head.

"Sure," I responded. "Just let me change first."

I was wearing the same clothes as I had last night, when I spilled countless cups of alcohol on myself and probably smelled of sweat.

I grabbed my bag and went into the bathroom, picking out more plain clothes to wear for the day. There was no variety, the most being a few different colors but nothing too out of the ordinary. Jeans and plain t-shirts was all my closet consisted of.

Slipping my shoes on my feet, I went back into the living room to see Matty and George had changed too, looking much less like they had both woken up from a night full of alcohol and partying and more normal. They nodded at me and we left into the streets of London.

We ended up in a McDonald's, sitting in a booth near the back. George promised me it was fine and he would pay for me, but I still felt bad for him spending money on someone he barely knew. I ended up with one of those fancy blended coffees with caramel and some fries, nothing too much. We ate in silence, watching out the windows as people of all kinds walked by.

I pulled out my phone to check the time.

2:13pm.

"What kind of phone is that?" Matty asked, looking at the device in my hand.

"Oh, I don't know. It wasn't expensive, I bought it a few years ago." I replied, setting it on the table.

He picked it up and examined it in his hands, pressing the power button and staring in awe.

"I haven't seen a phone like this in ages!" George said, leaning so he could see my brick of a phone too.

"Can I look around on it?" Matty asked, glancing at me for permission.

I nodded and watched as the screen lit up their faces, coated in shock. It was quite cute, actually. Watching their faces as they scrolled through the few games I had on my phone.

"No social media?" Matty asked, raising an eyebrow. "Not even Facebook?"

I shrugged.

"It never seemed important to me."

He slid the phone back over the table and I put it back into my pocket, feeling slightly self conscious about it. I knew it wasn't the best and a few years old, but I didn't think it was that much of a shock to see something they described as "ancient".

"You should really get a new phone. And social media. Do you even know how to text?" Matty asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"Of course," I said. "I would be seriously lame if I didn't know how to text."