Pages

It wasn't long until the world was back into motion.

Little squares of light started shining on the buildings, most people getting ready for work. Cars drove down the streets normally, making their way to whatever 8 am business they needed to do. Dogs walked the pavement with their owners in tow, prancing with their spoiled noses stuck to the sky.

Matty and I finally departed from the windowsill and onto the sofa, where he was engrossed in something on his phone and I watched.

"I want to do something." I announced, sitting up slightly.

Matty looked up from his phone and gave me an expectant look.

"Well, what do you want to do?"

I thought for a moment, trying to figure out what would cause the least amount of attention drawn to me. Just in case the police happened to recognize me.

"We should go to the library. Or a bookstore."

I had always wanted to become an author and have an entire room full of bookshelves lined with books of all kinds. I guess that'd make me a librarian, wouldn't it?

"Alright." He said, standing up and putting his phone into his jeans.

I followed him into his bedroom, looking for something to wear while he grabbed an outfit and left for the bathroom.

That boy is too sweet, leaving his own too get changed for my sake.

I quickly got dressed and brushed through my hair, meeting Matty in the hallway.

"Ready?"

I nodded and we began our journey to fulfilling my dream of becoming a librarian.

"So, what bookstore do you want to go to?" Matty asked as we walked through the streets of London.

"I don't know. I'm not familiar with anything around here. It's all new to me."

I looked around at all the buildings, taking in their beauty. I've always had a love for the city.

"Well, we could go to Foyles, but there's usually more than quite a few people in there. There's also Standford's and Blackwell's, those aren't as busy." He said, pulling me through a crowd of people.

"Blackwell's sounds nice." I said.

He nodded a looped his arm through mine.

"Blackwell's it is then."

Blackwell's wasn't within walking distance, so we had to take the tube. The tube was something I never could have imagined. It was insane. People bustling about constantly, tightly packed into lines trying to get where they're trying to go.  Never in my life had I been so close to so many strangers. Most of them were business men and women, dressed up in fancy suits holding briefcases tightly in their hands. There was a fair amount of normal looking people too, probably going to work or maybe even doing the same as us, just going out for the day. 

Matty had my arm tightly pinned between his side and arm, making sure I didn't get swept away in the crowd. I his behind him as we pushed through the sea of people and made it to the tube, getting on and finding a seat. 

I sighed in relief as we sat down, exhausted from swimming through the seas of strangers. 

"That was the most stressful thing I've ever experience in my life." I said, leaning my head back on the seat. 

Matty laughed.

"Yeah, it gets pretty crazy. It's not even busy today."

I stared at him with wide eyes, barely believing the words coming from his mouth.