Green

Vee and I talked for hours at the coffee shop, but decided to go home after we got annoyed looks from the owner for only buying one drink each and staying hours after we'd finished them. Vee convinced me to come home with her, even though I felt like I was intruding, but she promised I wouldn't be. 

We walked the short way from the coffee shop to her house, not giving me much time to prepare myself to meet her roommates. 

It wasn't at all what I was expecting. It wasn't an apartment, it was a house. Not the best house, but it was a house. 

As soon as Vee opened the door, she was attacked by a girl with light brown hair tied into a messy bun. 

"Oh my god, where have you been?! I saw Travis again and we went out and-"

The girl stopped short of her sentence when she saw me standing behind Vee awkwardly. 

"Oh, who's this?"

Vee stepped out of the way so the brown haired girl could get a good look at me.

"This is Hayley. I met her last night and we just went to the cafe for a while."

The girl smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you, Hayley. I'm Skylar." 

She had a bright smile. Her personality was very bubbly and she seemed outgoing. So, basically the opposite of me. 

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled weakly. 

Vee led me into the house, greeting a dark haired boy in the kitchen. 

"Hey Finn." 

"Vee! You're home finally. Who's your friend?"

"This is Hayley. Hayley, this is Finn. Stay away from him, he'll try to fuck anything that breathes."

"Hey!" 

Vee laughed and jogged up the stairs, leaving me with Finn and Skylar. I sat on the couch, watching Skylar as she quickly typed on her phone.

Her hair was a light brown, almost blonde color. She wore glasses that framed her face perfectly, accentuating her asian-like eyes. She looked like a nerd, but a popular one. 

I glanced over at Finn to see he was already looking at me. 

"So, how did you and Vee meet?" He asked leaning on the door frame between the kitchen and lounge. 

"We met last night at a bar." I said, playing with my fingers.

He nodded.

The room fell awkwardly silent, and thankfully, Vee came back down the stairs. 

A curly haired boy followed behind her their hands clasped together. 

"Okay, last one. This is Ashton. He's my boyfriend."

Ashton waved a shy hello, smling at me. 

I waved back, offering him a small smile.

"Finally, everyone's introduced." Vee smiled. 

I internally sighed, mentally exhausted. 

Today is going to be a long day. 

I didn't stay with Vee for much longer, I lied about needing to go home so I could avoid any more awkwardness. She begged me to stay longer, but I don't think I could handle much more of Finn staring at me like I was a piece of meat. 

I threw myself down on the couch, Matty staring at me in confusion. 

"Are you alright?"

I rolled over onto my back staring up at the ceiling.