Hidden

Greta's POV:
   I wait a few seconds before rolling out from under the bed. I stay as quiet as possible as I slowly creep towards the open bedroom door. I listen carefully to Brahms's frantic cries trying to figure out where in the house he could be.
   I slowly creep down the stairs as I hear his yells get fainter. I walk into the kitchen and carefully maneuver around the mess of broken glass and mashed foods all around the kitchen.
   I walk into the foyer and see the front door wide open.
He must have ran out to look for me. It's been a while since he ran down the stairs so he should be far enough away for me to get to town without running into him...
   I take a second to enjoy the heat of the sun and the light breeze coming inside.
It's been so long....
I take a step closer to my freedom before I jump back quickly as Brahms slams the front door shut. I watch him lean against the door blocking my escape route.
   He doesn't look at me as he begins to chuckle evilly.
  "You're in big trouble young lady" he says angrily as he looks up at me with a smirk on his face and an evil glint in his eyes.
I should've known it wouldn't have been that simple...
I turn around quickly and make a run for it. I head for the stairs. I push my body to move faster as I hear Brahms running after me.
Come on come on!!!
I make it to the stairs and start my descent upwards, but I only make it up a few before I feel a hand wrap around my ankle. My body comes in contact with the stairs before I can even blink.
He flips me on my back and drags me down the stairs. I kick my feet, trying to get away.
"Let go of me !!" I scream at him as I grab onto the railing trying to pull myself up the stairs.
I feel Brahms's grip tighten around my ankle before I am yanked down the rest of the stairs harshly. My head comes in contact with the bottom step and my vision goes blurry. I quickly blink repeatedly trying to focus.
Now isn't the time to pass out
My vision clears in time to see Brahms dragging me into the walls.
He never takes me there
I begin to panic.
"No!!! No please stop!!" I yell pleadingly, but my shouts go to deaf ears.
"Brahms please I'm s-sorry" I begin to cry softly.
I feel him pause as he looks down at me. "You brought this upon yourself Greta, so deal with the consequences as an adult. Don't whine like a child." He says before continuing to drag me all the way down to his hidden room in the basement.
Last time I was down here... Malcolm was with me... he protected me, but now he's dead and I'm alone...
I'm brought away from my thoughts as Brahms let's go of my leg and grabs me by the shoulders harshly.
He shakes me violently as he screams in my face.
"Did you think you could get away from me?!? That you could just trick me and leave ?!? Huh?!?"
"I-I'm s-sorry!!" I scream out in pain.
"No you're not... you're sorry you got caught.." he says.
I look at him and see an evil glint in his eyes that I've never seen before.
"Why would you do that Greta??"
A shiver runs down my spine as he uses his childlike voice. I try to get away from him.
It's been so long since he's used that voice... he's different right now... there's no getting out of this..
"Brahms... it's a-alright okay ? W-we can talk about this..."
"I don't want to talk Greta... I want to teach you a lesson. I want you to learn that You can't escape me... you can never leave me...." he looks down at where his hands hold me hostage.
"You're mine Greta... "
He looks up at me frustrated.
"How many times do I have to tell you?!?!!" Brahms yells in my face before he pushes me away from him. The impact of his push sends me to the ground.
I look up at him frightened as I begin to move away from him.
"You've broken my heart one too many times Greta... how do you think it makes me feel when you reject me??!?!"
Brahms turns towards me angrily.
I flinch away from his gaze. I attempt to move away.
"Oh no you don't " Brahms says as he grabs a handful of my hair.
"Ahhh!! " I yell out in pain as he yanks me up.
"I love you Greta!! WHY CANT YOU JUST ACCEPT THAT?!??" He yells out as he drags me towards the bed.
"Brahms please I-"
"No!!! You need to be punished"
"Brahms stop !!"
I claw at the hand holding me hostage by my hair.
He ignores me as he tosses my body on the bed.
" I'm sorry Brahms ... please stop.." I beg softly.
In response he slaps me across the face.
"Shut up!!!"
My face snaps to the side from the impact. I bring my hand up to lightly caress the painful spot. I flinch as my hand makes contact with the tender skin. I look up at Brahms horrified as silent tears begin to fall down my face.
I see in his eyes no remorse nor any love. All I see is anger...
He glares at me with hatred as he towers over my shaking body.
"It's too late to apologize Greta.."