Back to Square One

Greta's POV:
My eyes flutter open and are met with darkness. Survival Instincts take over immediately. My fight or flight response kicks in. As I move to run, something tugs on my wrists holding me back. Experimentally, I tug again. A straw-like material cuts into my skin, one I immediately recognize as rope.

Click click click
The sound of footsteps approach me at a steady pace. My last memory resurfaces with their approach. A shiver runs down my spine as I recall his smirk. One full of venom and want. Goosebumps rise up on my forearms as I remember his hand around my throat before...

I'm yanked from my memories as a hand grabs my ankle and pulls my body forward. I'm stretched awkwardly across the concrete floor with my arms and upper body raised off the ground. The rope digs into the forming open wounds on my wrists.

"Greta..."

I squeeze my eyes shut. I feel like a child as I pray that as long as I can't see him, he cannot see me.

"Greta... don't hide from me. Haven't you done that enough?"

"Apparently not" I bite back. Instant regret fills my gut as his eyes darken. He takes a couple of steps away from my body and retreats into the walls.

I suck in a much needed breath as I watch his form retreat into the houses foundation. A moment pases as I try to calm my nerves before rationality takes over. Frantically, my eyes dart around the room. I analyze my surroundings searching for anything that can cut me loose. Nothing... I see nothing. My heart drops.

"I know you well now Greta..." he says. His voice makes me tense since I did not even notice him coming back into the room.

He saw me planning... which means I can't fall back on plan b which was make him think I'll love him and stay. What do I do? Oh, I'm so stupid.

"Greta..." he sings in his child-like voice. "Pay attention to me." He pouts and I cringe, moving my head to look away.

A firm hand grabs my chin and yanks my head in his direction. I look up into his eyes, frightened about what his next move will be.

Those eyes, they stare deep into mine and I can't tell what he is thinking. Brahms looks as though he wants to say something, but he hesitates. The firm grips loosens and his hand moves to caress my cheek.

"You hurt me, Greta..." he sighs softly. "And now I'm gonna hurt you"

I freeze as his words reach my ears and I make sense of the threat.
Will this be just like last time ? Will he try to...

"Look at me" he says sternly. "Only focus on me Greta."

I drag my eyes up his form to look at his face. Malicious intent gleams in his pupils.

"Are you going to behave for me?" He asks. I shake my head. I watch his body freeze before he turns away from me. His shoulders tense up, then quickly relax.

"That's okay Greta. I'll teach you to..."
He picks something shiny up from his dresser. The object stays hidden behind his form as he steps to stand in front of my cowering figure.

The floor is freezing and my body begins to shake. Whether from fear or the chill I'm not sure. Perhaps both, but for now I focus on the cold. Anything to keep my mind from wondering about what he has in store.

Hey guys!! Here is just a little preview snippet of what is going down. I'm so so sorry it has been so long! COVID and school really got me messed up and I kinda lost inspiration about where I initially wanted to take this. But I will be updating soon! As soon as I figure out Greta's punishment. So wish me luck!!