«Chapter Two»

Aphmau's POV

As I waited for class to officially start I looked around for the dreaded Aaron Lycan.

As suspected he just HAD to be in this class with me.

"Hey short potato! Ya gonna wimp out in dodgeball? Because I'm not gonna go easy on ya." Aaron said as he walked over to where I sat.

'Im not scared of you. No one is. All I see is an insecure little boy who doesn't have a friend in the world.' I wrote.

"Why you little-!" He said and his fist collided with my face.

My bangs uncovered my left eye and he could clearly see the scar across it and the way my eye was permanently red.

"Oh my Irene.. what is wrong with your eye?!" He asked and burst out laughing.

I covered my eye back up and moved to a different location on the bleachers.

My face was throbbing from where he had punched me and my right eye welled up with tears.

My left eye was injured so badly that it isn't able to produce tears anymore.

I had tears running down the right side of my face and I wiped them away with my sleeve, hoping that no one saw them.

The problem is, I get injured more and more everyday, yet, I don't know how to defend myself.

A girl with hot pink hair came up to me with a smile.

"Hi there! The names Ivy! I saw you hanging out with MY boyfriend, Groth Ro'meave earlier and couldn't help but wonder if he's cheating on me!" She said and her 'smile' turned to a glare as she clenched her fist.

'Are you even dating him? I'm allowed to have friends. It's my first day. I have no intention of stealing him from you.' I wrote down.

"Hmph! Fine! I'll believe you, for now!" She said and turned to walk off.

Out of nowhere she spun around and punched me in the exact same spot that Aaron had punched me.

I winced in pain but bit my lip so I wouldn't speak or make a sound, as my mother forbid speaking coming from me.

I put my right hand on my cheek where I had been punched, not once! But twice!

More tears threatened to pour out of my eye as my cheek throbbed in pain.

"Okay class, today we have a new student! Care to tell us your name?" The teacher asked.

'Aphmau Phoenix' I wrote down.

"Not talkative, eh? That's fine! You can sit out today since its your first day!" The teacher said with a smile.

I just pulled out my notebook and drew a picture since my mother never let me get a phone.

I slowly trudged towards my house after getting my things from my locker when the bell rang.

I felt like someone was behind me so I walked faster, so did they.

I started running and heard the footsteps grow louder.

When I reached my house my hand was trembling as I opened the front door.

"M-mom, I'm home!" I called out as I went inside.

Just as I closed the door behind me I was met my a fist to my stomach.

I fell to my knees and coughed up blood.

This isn't anything new, this happens everyday.

"Get out of the house! I don't want to see you!" My mom yelled and opened the front door.