«Çhapter fourteen»

Recap:  don't know how much longer I can handle these feelings.

My heart feels like it's gonna pound out of my chest.

I don't know what I should call this feeling.

Is it...

Love?
*************

Aphmau's POV

After class I saw Aaron look my way and I ran out of the class clutching my notebook to my chest.

My heart feels like someone poured hot chocolate all over it.

It feels like it's gonna pound out of my chest.

I just want away from him.

Aaron makes my heart flutter every time he's near me.

It's a good thing I'm not talking.

If I did it would make things harder for me to handle.

"Hey potato!" Aaron yelled as he came up behind me.

I stuck my tongue out at him and gave him the finger.

"Harsh." He said and messed up my hair.

'I hate you.' I wrote in my journal.

"You don't mean that." He said.

'I hate you.'

"Are you seriously THAT sure about hating me?" He asked.

'I hate you.'

"Lets just get to class." He said and sighed.

"Aphmau! Can I talk to you for a sec?" Garroth asked as he ran up to Aaron and I.

I nodded and followed him.

Garroth grabbed my wrist and pulled me into an empty classroom.

"What's with you and Aaron?" He asked.

"You act like you hate him, heck you even write it! But I can tell that's not the truth. What's going on?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but snapped it shut immediately, remembering not to speak.

'I hate him.'

Garroth gave me a 'really' look and sighed.

"Tell me the truth Aphmau. What's going on with you two? I mean, I know you two were friends when you were little but now you HATE him?" Garroth asked.

'Can you keep a secret?'

"Of course! Anything!" Garroth said.

"I can speak again. I've been able to talk since I got out of the hospital." I said in a hoarse whisper.

"I can tell by your voice that you haven't really talked since then." Garroth said.

"So, what's REALLY the issue between you two?" He asked.

"When we were little.. I- I liked him. A lot. But one day when I planned to admit my feelings to him he told me he liked someone. Someone that wasn't me. My heart was shattered into a million pieces and felt like a stampede had stomped all over it. Then my father was murdered and my life got harder. Aaron and I grew apart and I was kept at home for most of my life until now. Aaron was the only person that I could trust. I was able to talk to him about anything. But then I found out who he liked and was devastated that it wasn't me. I-I guess I've hated him since that day." I said, my voice still a hoarse whisper.

"Wow. I wasn't expecting story time but I'm glad I know. I'm glad you trusted me with this information. I'm your friend Aphmau, I'm always here to help you. I'll always be there for you. I promise." He said and I hugged him.

"Thanks Garroth." I whispered and ran off to my next class.

Choir.

JUST my luck.

How come I'm in choir when everyone besides Garroth thinks I'm a mute?

AND to make things worse, Aaron is in this class.

I sat in the back of the class where Aaron couldn't see me and sprinted out of the class the second the bell rang.

I ran to lunch and sat at a different table so Aaron wouldn't see me.

I searched through my bag for something to eat for lunch but pulled out a book when I didn't find anything.

"You look like you could use some lunch." A voice said from across the table from me.

I saw a brown haired boy in a red jacket and wore glasses.

A blonde haired girl in purple and wore glasses sat next to him across from me.

'Who are you?'

"Oh! I'm Kenmur! This is Emmalyn!" The boy said.

'Nice to meet you two.'

"Y-you t-too.." Emmalyn said and looked down at a large book she was reading.

I guess I can handle sitting at this table where none of Aaron's friends are around.

I just hope..

That these feelings I have...

Leave soon....

Before I fall in love.....