«Çhapter Fifteen»

Aphmau's POV

I've ignored Aaron as much as possible and it's killing me.

Whenever our gazes meet I shoot him a glare and I see the hurt in his eyes before I look away.

I can't bear to seen him like that but I can't help it.

The longer I keep this up the more he hates me and the less I have to deal with these feelings.

I feel bad for being mean to him but it makes it easier for me.

Besides, he's the one that bullied me in the first place!

Who WANTS to be nice to a bully?

NOT me.

Even if it wasn't me that he bullied, would he still bully me if I was someone else?

What happened to the boy I knew all those years ago?

What happened to that sweet, kind, caring, compassionate little boy I had fallen in love with as a child?

"Aphmau? Are you okay?" Someone asked from behind me.

I nodded and turned around to face them.

"Why have you been avoiding me? Why do you glare at me when you see me? I want answers!" They said and as I looked up my eyes became locked with those deep black eyes.

"Aphmau?" He asked.

My head started throbbing and I took a step back.

"Aphmau! Stop avoiding me! I want answers NOW!" He said and grabbed my arm.

"Aphmau!" He said, his voice laced with anger.

"Write it in your damn notebook! I want answers! NOW!" He said and narrowed his eyes.

My head was throbbing so much by now that I couldn't think straight.

My vision became blurred and I put my hand on a locker for support.

"Aphmau? Are you okay? Aaron! Let go of her arm! Something's wrong!" A voice said and my arm was released from his grasp.

I fell backwards and my back pressed against the wall.

"Someone get the nurse! Aphmau!!" A voice said.

My back slid down the wall and my vision started to grow dark.

"Aphmau? Aphmau! Somebody help her!" A voice yelled.

My head throbbed more and more as my vision grew darker and darker.

I could hear people yelling my name and I let my eyes close shut as darkness consumed me.

Aaron's POV

Aphmau grew limp on the ground and my heart raced faster and faster with each passing second.

"Someone get an ambulance!" I shouted as multiple kids pulled out their phones.

I heard footsteps coming down the hallway and Garroth arrived with the nurse.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I asked.

"Hard to say for sure. I've never seen something like this happen before. What happened before she lost consciousness?" The nurse asked.

"I was talking to her when she suddenly took a step back and put her hand against a locker. Then she fell back against the wall and lost consciousness." I said, leaving out the part where I yelled at her and such.

"Hmmmm... interesting.. Does she have any family?" The nurse asked.

"I am her father." (Luke, I am your father) (star wars reference--- no? Okay, SOZ, carry on) a voice said from behind me.

I turned around and saw the one person that would harm her the most.

Zach.

I picked up Aphmau bridal style and ran.

I sprinted down the hallway with Aphmau in my arms and Garroth at my heels.

I saw the ambulance out front and jumped into the back as the paramedics opened the doors.

I set Aphmau down on a stretcher and Garroth and I both slammed the doors shut when we saw Zach running towards us.

"Drive!" I shouted at the paramedics.

"But sir, we need---"

"Shut up and drive!" I yelled and the ambulance started.

The sirens were turned on as the ambulance sped down the road to the Phoenix Hospital.

"Irene let her be okay..." I muttered as I looked at her laying limp on the stretcher.

"Aaron, I'm sure she's gonna be fine. Now, I need answers. Who was that man you ran away from? Why would you want to keep her from her father? WHAT is going on?!" Garroth asked.

I sighed.

How am I supposed to explain why I was running away from her FATHER?!

I took a deep breath and started to explain.

"Her father, His name is Zach Phoenix and he---" I started but Garroth cut me off.

"Like, THE Zach Phoenix?! That's her FATHER?! Oh man, I feel SOOO bad for her! That guys was sentenced to prison for the rest of his life sixteen years ago for the attempted murder of his wife and her baby." Garroth said.

"And his daughter is---" I said.

"---Aphmau Phoenix." Garroth finished.

"Now I get why you were running from him. But you do know he's REALLY good at tracking people down. Right? I mean, how do you think he's killed all those people?" He asked.

He has a point.

But wait---

When the ambulance started driving I didn't see him....

All I saw was a paramedic on the ground....

"We need to get out of here!" I said suddenly and Garroth jumped in surprise.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"When we left, did you see Zach?" I asked and he shook his head.

His eyes slowly widened and his skin turned pale.

"We're gonna have to get the back doors if the ambulance open without him noticing. Then we're gonna have to jump if we wanna get away. And we could strap Aph down on the stretcher and push it out of the back so it rolls away from the ambulance and keeps her safe." I said and he nodded.

We tried to open the back doors but they wouldn't budge.

When we got to a turn I heard the sound of chains rattling...

From right outside the ambulance doors...

"We're stuck here! He must've somehow chained it shut without us hearing or noticing after we got in!!" Garroth said.

"Or there's a spy around who's been telling him exactly where Aphmau is at all times." I said.

"Either way we're stuck here. Trapped. With Zach in the front." I said and Garroth started hyperventilating and freaking out.

"That means.... we're stuck.... here.... with a.... murderer..."