<<Chapter Twenty Five>>

Aaron's POV

I stared at the pictures of Aph and me as kids all during that day.

How can someone come and go so quickly?

Why is life unfair?

How can someone's life seep away

As though it were never there?

How can people move on so quickly?

I pulled out Aphmau's diary and started to read the next entry.

'Dear diary,

Life is so unfair sometimes. It's like everyone gets exactly what they want and need except for me. It's like I'm trapped around people who always get their way, while I'm trying to escape it all.

The only things that can make me smile anymore are Aaron and watching the sunset. All those different colours in the sky blend together so perfectly and it's like all my troubles just go away.

I mean, yeah, my life isn't perfect. So what if I'm short, fat, quiet, and dumb? Who cares? Not me, that's for sure. I try to live my life to the fullest each and every day by pushing my pain aside and getting through the day. All that matters at the end of the day is being alive, and that's something I'm thankful for. I don't care how many times I'm hit, yelled at, and bullied because even though I'm not happy, at least I'm alive, and that's something. Being alive at the end of the day means I have tomorrow to look forward to. Who cares that I have cuts, burns, scars, and bruises? I sure as heck don't. I only care about seeing the people I care about being happy, smiling, laughing, and caring about one another. The thing I'm the most thankful for Aaron. I'm thankful that I get to see him again; even if he is a stubborn, hard-headed bully.

That's all for now,

~Aphmau Shu Phoenix'

I stared down at my desk as my eyes welled up with tears.

I will not cry. I told myself, I will NOT cry.

"Aaron Lycan to the principal's office please. Thank you." The intercom said, and everyone turned to look at me, even the teacher.

I grabbed my things and went to the office.

"Aaron?" A voice asked and I turned to see the principal talking to my parents.

"Mom? Dad? Why are you guys here?" I asked, then noticed the tears in their eyes.

"Oh Aaron," Mom said and hugged me, "There's been an accident. I don't know how to tell you this--- you need to brace yourself." My mom said and started to cry.

"Mom, what IT it?" I asked, growing impatient.

"It's your sister-- she... she--" My dad said but choked up and cut off.

"Just TELL me!" I said.

"There was a car accident-- your sister was hit and she... she didn't make it out alive. Melissa it dead, Aaron, I'm so sorry." My mom said and burst into tears again.

My body felt numb.

I didn't feel anything.

My face went ashen as I spoke, "No. this isn't true. You're lying. She can't be dead!" I yelled and ran off.

Then I got a text.

???- First Aphmau and now you're sister, who are you going to lose next, Aaron?

Aar- Leave me alone.

???- Will Lily die? Your parents? Garroth? Katelyn? Sigherra?

Aar- I said, LEAVE ME ALONE!!

???- Oh ho ho, someone's getting mad!