«Çhapter Ëighteen»

Recap: "We will never forget her. May her death not be in vain!" I said and the applause grew louder.

She would be happy..

"It doesn't mean we're not gonna miss her. She will always have a place in our hearts."

She will never be forgotten.

Aphmau's memory shall live on.

Aaron's POV

It's been a month and I haven't been at school.

How am I supposed to explain this to everyone?

They'll be crushed.

It's all my fault.

I have only myself to blame.

It's not your fault.

I'm the reason she died.

You got to live instead.

"WHY SHOULD I GET TO LIVE WHEN SHE'S DEAD?! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE?! SHE DESERVES TO BE ALIVE! SHE DESERVES A PEACEFUL, HAPPY LIFE!" I shouted.

"Aaron, Shhhhhhh... calm down. It's not your fault." My big sister, Melissa said and handed me a cup of tea.

"IT IS MY FAULT! I SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ONE TO PROTECT HER! IF IT WEREN'T FOR ME SHE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE! IT'S ALL MY--" I was cut off by Melissa slapping me across the face.

"It's NOT your fault! She gave up her life so that you could live yours! She would want you to he happy! Why don't you get it? She died to protect YOU Aaron! She died FOR you! You should be happy! She loved you Aaron! She wanted you to live so that you could live your life to the fullest! She gave up her life so that YOU would be okay! Aphmau is DEAD because she wanted to protect you! You should be grateful!" She said and glared at me.

"APHMAU IS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD I'VE EVER CARED ABOUT! IF IT WEREN'T FOR ME SHE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE! SHE WOULD'VE BEEN HAPPY! But now shes.... DEAD!" I said and started crying.

Melissa sat next to me on the couch and hugged me.

"I don't know what it's like to lose someone important to you, but I'd like to understand. Just TALK to me Aaron, let me help." She said and her voice softened.

"Thanks big sis..." I said and wiped away all of my tears.

"If she were still alive I bet she would tell you to smile. I bet she would tell you to make the world a better place. You said it yourself, people should help make the world a better place so no one else has to go through what she went through." Melissa said and stood up.

"I'm gonna go pick up your homework from your school. I'll help you with it if you want. For now just relax and calm down." She said with a faint smile.

She turned around and walked to the front door of our house.

I stood up from the couch and grabbed her wrist.

"I'm coming with you." I said in a hoarse whisper.

"Thank you Aaron. I'm sure everyone will be happy to see you." She said and smiled reassuringly.

I sat in the front passenger seat of her black Lamborghini and fastened my seatbelt.

I looked in the mirror of the car and frowned at the dark bags under my eyes.

I haven't slept in a month.

All I seem to do now is cry.

"Aaron, I'm not going to make you, but would you please consider going to school again? I know everyone misses you." Melissa said as she drove to my school.