Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Zane’s POV

I don’t know what’s gotten into me, but why have I started to take an interest in Marissa. It’s been driving me crazy how Sean and Kyle are always hanging around her and talking to her, I don’t plan on telling anyone’s she my mate. I do plan on distancing myself from her and keeping her away from me, and finding someone that’s worth being alpha female. I never meant to hurt anyone, it’s just that I was set with the wrong person, and I cant do anything about that.

I walked through the halls, last period and then I can go home. I walked into the classroom and took a seat at the back away from my friends, they all shot me a confused look and in return I glared at them. I felt like being alone right now, I needed to get her off my mind and so far it wasn’t working. It didn’t help that I had this class with her either. She hasn’t shown up yet, and maybe she won’t. the class started to gradually fill up and she still hasn’t walked in yet. I kept looking around thinking I missed her, I had a sour look on my face and I looked pretty mad. Probably the reason why everyone is sitting away from me.

And she finally walked in just as the bell sounded, usually she sat with Sean but he wasn’t in this class and neither was Kyle. All the seats away from me as filled up with people, and as her eyes landing on the seats next to me she groaned softly making me chuckle. It was kind of funny how she was so uncomfortable around me.

She took the one in front of me, so that she didn’t have to be beside me. I wasn’t in her view, but now she was in mine. And it to say it wasn’t bugging me was a lie. I wanted to reach out and touch her silky straight black hair and feel it in-between my fingers. What the hell is wrong with me!

For the rest of the lessen I stared down at my desk to avoid looking at her, and when the bell finally sounded I was the first on to pick up my stuff and walk out. I couldn’t take seeing her anymore; I needed to get out of here. Even my distraction after lunch didn’t help much. She looked to damn much like Marissa and I voice in my mind is starting to say that why I chose her.

When I walked out I saw Kyle waiting there. I walked over to him, maybe we could do something later and clear my mind. “hey bro let’s go” he was the only person I was really in the mood for, he was my best friend. He looked a little panicked. “uh actually I'm supposed to walk Marissa home, Sean had to leave early and he asked me to make sure she got home ok since she walked” he said.

I grinded my teeth together and my jaw clenched, I wanted to do nothing more than punch him in the face right now. I nodded stiffly and walked away. Every instinct in my body was telling me to turn around and beat the shit out of him. normally I wouldn’t care what Kyle does with a girl, but my best friend and my mate is not a good mix. The wolf inside me was already restless, it was only him that wanted her. he was attracted to her wolf, I had no interest in her at all……. This day had turned out to be the worst ever already……. What else could possibly happen?

Marissa POV

Surprisingly Kyle was pretty fun to hang out with, he even gave me a ride home. We pulled up at the pack house and just as I was about to get out the car “oh and Sean said to go to 22  Highland street. That’s where he’s currently living, I could give you a ride there now if you want?” he suggested before I climbed out.

I really hope Kyle isn’t lying, but then again Sean did leave early so he’s probably telling the truth. “uh yea that’d be great” I still had to get Sean to come to the pack house and get him accepted. ‘hey I'm coming now k?’ I texted him, ‘great, tell Kyle to come in too, he’s actually not that bad’ that was a bit of a surprise, it was kind of weird how I went from having no friends this morning to actually having two by this afternoon.