Epilogue

Epilogue

Marissa’s POV

One year at the academy was over and things have gone great. Zane was still by my side and even though we have our little fights we’ve really grown attached to each other. I wake up next to him every day and it is the best feeling in the world. I know that something’s I just can’t change but it seemed like this worked out for the better.

Summer had passed and we went back to the pack house for that. It was nice to catch up with everyone and Zane’s father had announced that the pack leadership would be passed to Zane in just two short months. So Zane was here with me for September and October and in November he would be going back and taking his role of the alpha. I was proud of him but I would also miss him. That meant that I would be finishing the year here alone but I guess I would manage.

Me and Zane had talked about the future and since we we’re still young we decided to wait a while before starting our life together and having a family and all of that. We were just kids and we still had so much things we needed to learn. This had truly been a great experience for me though. the past year had It’s ups and downs and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. It was sort of like a test to see how much I could really handle. But I didn’t crumble and I kept on pushing on.

“I told you it will be fine Marissa, we still have another two months so stop thinking about it” I heard Zane say as he took a seat beside me.

“I actually wasn’t thinking about that. I was thinking about everything that had to happen before we finally got a chance with each other” I said as I stared out the window. Feelings were tested and hearts were broken, tears were shed and lies were told. Things got real messy but I guess after all that we got what we deserved.

“Well stop, we’re here now. No more thinking about the past, only our future together” Zane said softly. He leaned in closed and brushed his lips against my cheek. I felt him trail his lips over to mine and gently press them against mine before pulling away and really looking at me.

“I love you so much and I always did, it just took me a while to realise it” He said to me.

“I know” I whispered back. I looked away from him and back out the window. I knew Zane loved me but still I wasn’t so secure that I was completely fine without him for a year.

“I told you I will never let you go. We went through hell and back for this and this is what we both want so why are you doubting it? even after a year you still question our relationship. That really hurts Marissa” He said with irritation clear in his voice.

“Well excuse me. I don’t think you were the one who was rejected by your mate for months and then betrayed again. You will never be able to feel what I went through and yea it did mess with my mind and I'm not as easy going anymore. But do not judge me Zane.” I warned him. I hated when he brought things like this up. He knew this was still hard for me and he always bugged me about it.

“You need to get over the past. You still hang onto it after a year and a half. It’s crazy how you always think about that. I'm starting to think you would rather be without me” He stated. I turned to look at him with fire burning in my eyes.

“You have no right to say that Zane. Can we just stop fighting?” I asked. I sighed and looked down and away from him. It was true that I needed to get over my past but it wouldn’t just happen like that. Zane sighed and dragged his hands down his face, he always did that when he felt conflicted.

“Whatever, I'm going out” He stated before turning to walk away from me. I stood up and reached out to grab his hand but he pulled it away from me. I stared at his back hurt by his actions. He stopped walking and turned half way to look at me. I could see the fight in his eyes whether to stay or go. He sighed and walked back towards me and wrapped his hands around my waist.

“I'm sorry you just make it so difficult some times. I know I messed up and you keep bringing it up. Every time you do I feel like I'm betraying you all over again when I have to leave soon” He admitted. 

“I'm sorry too. let’s just forget about that and simply relax” I suggested.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him over to the couch. It was clear that we had our differences and being in love doesn’t mean that everything will be perfect, it doesn’t mean that we’re always willing to give into whatever the other person wants and it does not mean we don’t get angry and annoyed with each other. Love is being able to overcome those things like me and Zane just did. Honestly in my mind I would have never guessed I would be lucky enough to have love like this but life is just full of surprises.

No matter how much I doubt Zane I do know that he will always be there for me no matter what. And that is what love it. it’s going through the hard times and coming out happy, it’s being able to share everything with each other, and it’s being able to understand the other person.

I had my happily ever after and I don’t know how the future will go, I don’t know what’s going to happen next and I don’t know how my life is going to turn out. Life is something I just don’t know. But I do know that I am completely and happily in love with my mate

The End